Wrestling - Part 3

Doing my fourth WrestleMania in a row this year and probably the last as the Ticketmaster experience has really put me off. Getting tickets has been a nightmare and aside from WM itself, my seats for Raw, HOF and NXT aren't the greatest this time round.

Be aware that the tix on the secondary markets will come down in price if they can't be sold close to the time of the shows so you might get a bargain or two. Also throw in there's no public transport from Dallas to Arlington so a few of us booked on with this shuttle bus company to get us there and back.

http://rallybus.net/wrestlemania/

Ticketing is a bit fucked this year, some Will Call and some e-ticket depending on the venues.

Doing my fourth WrestleMania in a row this year and probably the last as the Ticketmaster experience has really put me off. Getting tickets has been a nightmare and aside from WM itself, my seats for Raw, HOF and NXT aren't the greatest this time round.

Be aware that the tix on the secondary markets will come down in price if they can't be sold close to the time of the shows so you might get a bargain or two. Also throw in there's no public transport from Dallas to Arlington so a few of us booked on with this shuttle bus company to get us there and back.

http://rallybus.net/wrestlemania/

Ticketing is a bit fucked this year, some Will Call and some e-ticket depending on the venues.

How did you get your tickets then?

How did you get your tickets then?

I got mine while sitting on the computer in work. Managed to score a decent seat in the pre-sale. There are five of us going and TM only allowed four per card holder on the pre-sale so I took the hit and opted to sit on my own. I'd reckon that's why I got the section I did. My mates paid the same money each per ticket but ended up in the 200 sections where I ended up in the 100's.

I have been on TM a few times dicking around and it's not throwing up any results at all now, but as others have said, nowhere near sold out. TM will also hold back a portion of tickets for release a few days before the event. If you do manage to get any now using VPN or whatever, make sure you study what's being offered so you don't end up with limited view seats.

I'd love to Mania one time but 1. I'm not made of money and 2. it sounds a reet fuck on.

This year was a real f***ing bollocks. Never had any issues getting tickets for the previous three. Cost wise it's as expensive or as cheap as you want to make it. The prices of food and drink is ridiculously cheap though so the majority of money is spent on merch. The last two years I have come home with cash. Usually take about a grand spending, the hotel I get early through booking.com and pay off over the year and get the flights from Dublin as they work out quite cheap as well.

If anything going forward it will be SummerSlam 2017 in Brooklyn and the cheapest travel package.

This year was a real f***ing bollocks. Never had any issues getting tickets for the previous three. Cost wise it's as expensive or as cheap as you want to make it. The prices of food and drink is ridiculously cheap though so the majority of money is spent on merch. The last two years I have come home with cash. Usually take about a grand spending, the hotel I get early through booking.com and pay off over the year and get the flights from Dublin as they work out quite cheap as well.

If anything going forward it will be SummerSlam 2017 in Brooklyn and the cheapest travel package.

Fancying this one myself. Went to mania 29 in NYNJ and tied it in with 6 days in New York which was one of, if not the best, things that I've done. Apparently Orlando are putting in for 2017 so could do that instead of SummerSlam if that's the case.

Fancying this one myself. Went to mania 29 in NYNJ and tied it in with 6 days in New York which was one of, if not the best, things that I've done. Apparently Orlando are putting in for 2017 so could do that instead of SummerSlam if that's the case.

Aye it was thought of hitting NYC again which was the draw for me in regards to SummerSlam. WM29 in NYNJ was great fun and I fell in love with NYC so it's been an itch I want to scratch again. Orlando would conflict me as I've said this is the last WM for a while yet. The thing putting me more in favour of SummerSlam is the flight. The 10 hour plus flights grate after a while. WM31 was brutal for the flights but the payoff was worth it I suppose with the Alcatraz and Angel Island trips.

If I went though I'd want to do everything, which would cost a fortune.

If I went though I'd want to do everything, which would cost a fortune.

Fair point that. I just stick with the WWE events and that does me. I'll never hit WrestleCon again after the fuck up in New Orleans when they put all us pre-order folks in the queue with general admission. 3 hour wait to get in, pre-ordered the Goldberg photo-op so by the time we got in, his time was up. Spent 20 minutes arguing for a refund which we did get in the end to be fair.

Mind you with Belfast being a bit shit these days for nights out, it makes the saving up a lot easier. It's also made the Sunderland matches a once a year thing, twice at a push (probably no bad thing these days haha)

Aye it was thought of hitting NYC again which was the draw for me in regards to SummerSlam. WM29 in NYNJ was great fun and I fell in love with NYC so it's been an itch I want to scratch again. Orlando would conflict me as I've said this is the last WM for a while yet. The thing putting me more in favour of SummerSlam is the flight. The 10 hour plus flights grate after a while. WM31 was brutal for the flights but the payoff was worth it I suppose with the Alcatraz and Angel Island trips.

The draw of SummerSlam would be to be in an indoor arena as such and not the stadium, as good as that was. I'd never been to NYC before so it was just an incredible experience, rounded off by meeting the Rock outside the MetLife before the event!

Been on holiday to Orlando a few times so would love to tie that in with a WM so would be hard to decide between the two. Judging by how bad this years is shaping up also, next years might be quite a good one too

Back