Wrestling - Part 3

Well I suppose Balor being out for so long means we will no doubt see another Rollins vs Reigns feud. Boring as fuck. Both good workers, but distinct lack of top drawing stars means we will inevitably see this. At least in the good old days of the attitude era (!) the main eventers could rotate and keep the title scene "fresh" even if they were only feuding 12 months prior. HHH/SCSA/The Rock/Taker/Foley and then later Angle could all mix and match.

I mean look at the fatal 4 way next week. Kudos for putting someone different in there in Big Cass, but he isn't a viable champ (unless a swerve is coming), and Owens will be there to take the pin from one of SR/RR - can't decide who they are going to choose.

I'm not suggesting they put the strap on someone like Zayn (although wouldn't be a bad thing), the fact they have had atrocious 50/50 booking for everyone bar the top two means no-one will really buy into any other champ. Much like Ambrose on Smackdown. At least there when he is inevitably challenged by Styles/Cena you will believe in either of those as a champ.

For all the "star" power on Raw, the title picture looks bleak. I suspect Balor was only going to be a placeholder until say the RR, so maybe they will ask Owens to do that; though I doubt it. Crap like.

owens as champ would be amazing but the problem with that. there isnt anyone to feud with him cos i cant see them turning rollins face and reigns would look like a clown on the mike against owens.

Stephanie had a denim jacket on but her breasts looked smaller again, very disappointing if she has had her implants taken out.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young feud is very boring but some good heel commentary from Corey Graves.

I am a massive fan of Lana but she needs to wear her old business attire instead of dressing like a deranged bride every week.

Very big pop from Jericho calling the backstage interviewer a stupid idiot. Jeri-Ko are so entertaining.

There's something very attractive about Dana Brooke, she is like a pocket rocket. I think I want her to knee me in the face or lock me in a headlock.

Did Strowman forget to use his new move and that's why he got the ref to count again? :lol:

Well I suppose Balor being out for so long means we will no doubt see another Rollins vs Reigns feud. Boring as fuck. Both good workers, but distinct lack of top drawing stars means we will inevitably see this. At least in the good old days of the attitude era (!) the main eventers could rotate and keep the title scene "fresh" even if they were only feuding 12 months prior. HHH/SCSA/The Rock/Taker/Foley and then later Angle could all mix and match.

I mean look at the fatal 4 way next week. Kudos for putting someone different in there in Big Cass, but he isn't a viable champ (unless a swerve is coming), and Owens will be there to take the pin from one of SR/RR - can't decide who they are going to choose.

I'm not suggesting they put the strap on someone like Zayn (although wouldn't be a bad thing), the fact they have had atrocious 50/50 booking for everyone bar the top two means no-one will really buy into any other champ. Much like Ambrose on Smackdown. At least there when he is inevitably challenged by Styles/Cena you will believe in either of those as a champ.

For all the "star" power on Raw, the title picture looks bleak. I suspect Balor was only going to be a placeholder until say the RR, so maybe they will ask Owens to do that; though I doubt it. Crap like.

Not sure what your point is really. They put their title on Balor - that's a pretty fresh move. They didn't ask for him to get injured and have probably had to rewrite their entire title picture now going forward which presumably had Balor at the helm for the next six months or so.

Not sure what your point is really. They put their title on Balor - that's a pretty fresh move. They didn't ask for him to get injured and have probably had to rewrite their entire title picture now going forward which presumably had Balor at the helm for the next six months or so.
My point being they will probably use it as an excuse to go back to their golden boy. That's not fresh!

My point being they will probably use it as an excuse to go back to their golden boy. That's not fresh!

What else do they do? They need their top guys to step in and fill gaps otherwise the title loses credibility immediately. I would imagine that the plan was to have Balor and Rollins feud over it for the next few months to help give it some credence.

What else do they do? They need their top guys to step in and fill gaps otherwise the title loses credibility immediately. I would imagine that the plan was to have Balor and Rollins feud over it for the next few months to help give it some credence.
Personally, I'd have held another tournament - yes another one - to give it some build to whatever the next Raw PPV is. Could easily build new stars and make the big guys seem bigger. Would also add an air of intrigue. For example, Strauman could continue his squash matches in the tournament against actual main roster wrestlers. This keeps his push but also elevates him slightly. Then have him lose in the 1/4 finals or something to Roman.

I know they couldn't have predicted the injury, but the end result seems a bit predictable. As I say, it will be SR or RR pinning Owens. May as well just have SR vs RR.

Personally, I'd have held another tournament - yes another one - to give it some build to whatever the next Raw PPV is. Could easily build new stars and make the big guys seem bigger. Would also add an air of intrigue. For example, Strauman could continue his squash matches in the tournament against actual main roster wrestlers. This keeps his push but also elevates him slightly. Then have him lose in the 1/4 finals or something to Roman.

I know they couldn't have predicted the injury, but the end result seems a bit predictable. As I say, it will be SR or RR pinning Owens. May as well just have SR vs RR.

I suppose they did have a tournament, didn't they? They had qualifying matches to lead to a Fatal Four-Way next week.

My guess is that their next PPV is right around the corner and as such they need their top title picture sorted as they lead into it. We may well see some sort of dodgy finish next week which sets up a PPV match for the title.

Having Owens and co in with their top guys elevates them somewhat if the match is competitive, which I imagine it will be.

Also they're obviously building Strowman up slowly and that is the best way to do it. Make him look unbeatable for months and develop his mysterious character until they need him in a title feud.

No, never ever allow Strowman to be beaten! Unless its Lesnar. I want to see him be unstoppable :lol:

Interested to see Eva Marie angle this week, hope they mention her. I hope she recovers from her anxiety.

Time to give Slater the strap.

Well he has knacked three people in about a year.
All of them are debateable about whether it was his fault, the knee to the face Cena leaned forward, turnbuckle powerbomb on Sting was more about Sting already being injured and the powerbomb into the barrier on Finn, I'm not sure who was to blame there, sadly i think Rollins will have to stop doing that powerbomb into the turnbuckle move which is a shame since it looks impressive.

Bret will have a field day though.

Back