Wrestling - Part 3

She is f***ing class like. Total package.
Logon or register to see this image

Regal's the boy like, so good at the little things.

Just finished reading Bret's book there. I'm surprised at just how shite everything actually got after Montreal, poor bloke. It turned into a right depressing read.
I think 'Taker and Owen are the only people he didn't berate in it, and I like Bret, but he doesn't half have an ego mind. I expected there to be a massive section in the Index dedicated to how many times he brought up how he was told "You're the greatest worker in the history of the business!"

I like Bret Hart, he's honest and doesn't give a shit :lol: He's his own biggest fan mind.

Last edited:

Saw this on Reddit. The ending is possibly the most TNA thing ever.

I work for a company that gets tickets to most of the Predators hockey games. I was hanging out in the Patron Platinum Club during the 3 OT game 4 a few weeks ago and saw Dixie Carter standing at the bar by herself. I couldn't pass the opportunity up to go say hello and see if I could strike up a conversation. She is way better looking in person than on TV. I've always thought she looked kind of old on television but in person she's quite the stunner. She could not have been nicer at the time. We talked for about 10 minutes and I bought her a glass of wine. She kept asking me my thoughts about the product and what I thought about the direction. I told her how I honestly felt which is that I think they are headed in the right direction but that I honestly didn't watch TNA as much as I had in the past. Overall she was very cool to talk to and assured me that the negative stuff online was all bullshit and not to believe any of the stuff we see. Of course she is going to say that though. She said they were working on some things that would change a bunch of opinions and thanked me for taking the time to come up to her and that she doesn't get recognized much. Then as we were parting ways she gave me her email address and asked that I send her some ideas and comments after I was caught up on the TV as I told her I had 2-3 weeks on DVR I hadn't watched yet. So I run home and watch whatever I needed to, sit down and write her a good little email about my thoughts and thanking her for taking the time and also tried to connect about my business and possibly doing some work for TNA as I do some work that has some crossover in their world. I go through all this and the next day get the email thrown back because she gave me a fake email. Thanks Dixie.

I told her how I honestly felt which is that I think they are headed in the right direction but that I honestly didn't watch TNA as much as I had in the past.

If he didn't watch TNA as much as he did in the past how could he know either way whether he thought TNA was headed in the right direction or not? The guy set himself up for a fall and got all he deserved.

I don't think Vince McMahon would have been any nicer, do you? I think Dixie was kinder than Vince would ever have been.
Vince has been known to be really friendly with fans who've seen him out and about, but regardless of how many times people slate the booking, have a go at Reigns, wish Triple H was running things etc., they would never ever question Vince's direction to his face.
Because he's f***ing Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

And there's that point that Dixie Carter, unlike Vince, isn't ruthless enough to succeed in the wrestling business.

When I was a young wrestler back in the early 2000's I was on tour with NWA-UK Hammerlock , and the big star they'd brought over for the tour was Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. On night 3 of the tour he arrived particularly drunk, staggered to his locker room, and cracked open another bottle of Jack Daniels. That night he was actual wrestling a very young Finn Balor/Fergal Devitt (in his rookie year no less!), who even at the time was quickly becoming a highlight of the shows. A bunch of us all watched the match from behind the curtain, and what we saw might still be the most bizarre match I've witnessed live. Jake could barely stand up, yet being Jake still seemed to have the crowd in the palm of his hand. After staggering around a bit started getting beaten down by Fergal, who really seemed to be working his absolute hardest to hold things together. It was time for Jake's comeback and he somehow got Fergal down on the mat. The crowd were going crazy with an almost deafening chant of "DDT DDT DDT", and Jake, ever the master at crowd manipulation simply raises one finger in the air and then puts it to his lips. In an instant the crowd hushed to a silence, and after a few seconds as the crowd leaned in to listen Jake let out one of the loudest farts I've ever heard, which echoed through the hall. He then cackled like a drunk, hit the DDT, and went on to cut a tearfilled promo where he told the fans he'd left it all in the ring that night and they'd witnessed his final ever match, he was retiring forever. Despite having witnessed the worlds smelliest comeback just moments before the crowds eyes were now watering for an entirely different reason. Jake stumbled back through the curtain as we all stepped back to let him through. He looked up at us, and as he wiped the tears from his eyes and broke out with a big grin he said some words which will stick with me forever. "Those people will buy any old shit!"

:lol:

Back