Wise Men Say live show at Port of Call next Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, WMS is the better show but it usually has the better content available with it being after a game etc. Listen to ITL most weeks but not every.

They do a cracking job overall like

Definitely, the fact it's recorded in a studio and all the guests are present helps. I listen to a few other podcasts where the speakers are talking via skype and I don't think you get the same type of crack that way.

Listen to WMS every week and it's generally a good listen, it's something different to listen to on the way to work as opposed to Alan Brazil. The guests are always decent and I actually thought their best show in a while was the other week when the usual host wasn't there and it was just the guests talking shite for half an hour - refreshingly funny!

ITL I'm not as sold on, Proctor bores the f***ing tits off me if I'm honest. I listen occasionally.

I like Proctor, I think its nice to see how much he has improved since he first started. I think they get paid for ITL too, which is as good a reason as any to listen - Sunderland fans making money from talking about us is class IMO.

I like Proctor, I think its nice to see how much he has improved since he first started. I think they get paid for ITL too, which is as good a reason as any to listen - Sunderland fans making money from talking about us is class IMO.

He's positive about everything. Think the show would benefit from having either another ex-player that can play devil's advocate or maybe alternating Proctor with another guest.

ITL I'm not as sold on, Proctor bores the f***ing tits off me if I'm honest. I listen occasionally.

At least you don't have to deal with him for more than 45 minutes on a Thursday! I tend to try and be a bit more objective, but I think Michael is so naturally positive he'll always be optimistic. I think that would be the same with any ex SAFC player we got on the show.

Think Nick's team is Exeter City, but he loves Sunderland too. He just doesn't do the whole 'we' thing.

I think they get paid for ITL too, which is as good a reason as any to listen - Sunderland fans making money from talking about us is class IMO.

I need to look harder in my bank account!

He's positive about everything. Think the show would benefit from having either another ex-player that can play devil's advocate or maybe alternating Proctor with another guest.

That's one of the reasons I like him.

Tbh I prefer WMS to ITL but listen to both every week at work, very grateful for the free entertainment. Thought this weeks WMS was particularly good with it descending into nostalgia.

Won't be at the port of call cos failed to acquire someone to gan with, but should be a good night.

Never heard ITL but been listening to WMS pretty much every week since my mate put me onto it about 6 months back.

For what it's worth I think the format is spot on how it is. Nothing too fancy, just a few lads fans talking about SAFC and having a bit of craic at the same time. Interesting to hear the insight of some of the guests too, as has been mentioned Roger Thames was a good choice and spoke well about his time watching the lads.

Keep up the good work on it :D

We're doing another live show at Port of Call on Monday 9th of May. The last one we did there was canny and people seemed to have a good time. This time around we sold out a bit quicker than usual, but with a bit of venue rejigging we can get a few more in.

Guests this time are Julio Arca, Michael Proctor and Nick Barnes of Radio Newcastle.

Tickets are limited, they're £5 and available here.

I know there was a sticky on this ages ago, but if there's tickets left with a few weeks to go I always like to plug it on here a bit.

Cheers
How about a Miami one? I think I'm the whole Miami branch though!

On a serious note, great show for us foreign based fans and will miss the podcast, pity can't be recorded and put on somehow.

On a serious note, great show for us foreign based fans and will miss the podcast, pity can't be recorded and put on somehow.
Sure one of us going could record it and upload it online later if that was allowed.

Sure one of us going could record it and upload it online later if that was allowed.
That would be "awesome" (as my locals like to say!).

Just so you know being 4,000 miles away and in the sun makes the nerves NO easier! ITHICS! :oops:

Never heard ITL but been listening to WMS pretty much every week since my mate put me onto it about 6 months back.

For what it's worth I think the format is spot on how it is. Nothing too fancy, just a few lads fans talking about SAFC and having a bit of craic at the same time. Interesting to hear the insight of some of the guests too, as has been mentioned Roger Thames was a good choice and spoke well about his time watching the lads.

Keep up the good work on it :D
Both are good shows, hope they keep going!

That would be "awesome" (as my locals like to say!).

Just so you know being 4,000 miles away and in the sun makes the nerves NO easier! ITHICS! :oops:

Both are good shows, hope they keep going!
Have to see @GarethQ to see if it's possible like. Only takes an iPhone near the presenters I would imagine. I'd be willing to do it assuming my battery holds up :lol:

Miami would be alright, we'd have to charge about £4K a ticket to cover costs for your branch though!

We've recorded the live one before and it's a bit of a faff when we do it ourselves. Soundcard and PA issues/compatibility etc. We could get it professionally recorded but you're looking best part of £150. We might try periscoping it or something. But because it goes through a PA the sound quality could be dreadful.

If someone wants to try recording it on their phone or whatever then fair enough, but I don't think it'll come out very well!

Miami would be alright, we'd have to charge about £4K a ticket to cover costs for your branch though!

We've recorded the live one before and it's a bit of a faff when we do it ourselves. Soundcard and PA issues/compatibility etc. We could get it professionally recorded but you're looking best part of £150. We might try periscoping it or something. But because it goes through a PA the sound quality could be dreadful.

If someone wants to try recording it on their phone or whatever then fair enough, but I don't think it'll come out very well!
Aye the PA is what I thought could make it tricky

Lol. Thanks anyway. Am due back next year so will keep on with the podcasts until then. Show is great but even better (somehow!) when so far away! Funny to hear the nerves on the show, it is exactly how we're all feeling too! :oops::D

Have to see @GarethQ to see if it's possible like. Only takes an iPhone near the presenters I would imagine. I'd be willing to do it assuming my battery holds up :lol:
Owt would be better than nowt like! :cool:

Lol. Thanks anyway. Am due back next year so will keep on with the podcasts until then. Show is great but even better (somehow!) when so far away! Funny to hear the nerves on the show, it is exactly how we're all feeling too! :oops::D

Owt would be better than nowt like! :cool:

We'll try and record it but I can't promise it'll work. If it does work then not sure how good it'll sound. Actually noticed someone gave us a negative review on iTunes just because we uploaded the live pod a few seasons back. Can't please everyone!

There are still a limited number of tickets left too for locals that may fancy it. Atmosphere should be great after Saturday.

We'll try and record it but I can't promise it'll work. If it does work then not sure how good it'll sound. Actually noticed someone gave us a negative review on iTunes just because we uploaded the live pod a few seasons back. Can't please everyone!

There are still a limited number of tickets left too for locals that may fancy it. Atmosphere should be great after Saturday.
Cheers, appreciated especially for exiles. Some people could win the lottery and then complain they'd only won it once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back