Wise Men Say live show at Port of Call next Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essential listening, think it's good crack and have listened from the start. Not sure if it's just me but the shows seem to be getting shorter mind, might be a conscious decision or to do with constraints of where you're recording though. Either way, brilliant listen, keep it up. Will you be carrying on if even if we go down?

It's a semi conscious thing. Really we need to offer a bit more in terms or features/variety. Otherwise people will get bored listening to it, especially with ITL. Thanks for the comments. We'll definitely continue regardless of division.

There's more in Edinburgh, imho......and it's arguably everybody's favourite city....or was until Sunderland got uprated.:)

I prefer Glasgow over Edinburgh mind. Maybe we could do one in Livingston to please everyone

I'll not be along as I'll be working but it was good crack last time.

Got absolutely arseholed.

It's a semi conscious thing. Really we need to offer a bit more in terms or features/variety. Otherwise people will get bored listening to it, especially with ITL. Thanks for the comments. We'll definitely continue regardless of division.

Thing is though with ITL, you're previewing the next match so it's always going to be bit repetitive in regards to the format but you usually manage to get a decent guest opposition fan on.

Maybe WMS could have a bit more variety especially seen as there hasn't always been a match to review but there's always something to talk about regarding SAFC and you always cover the talking points.

Last edited:
If the gig is as good as the podcast then it will be well worth attending, not sure about the unwarranted defence of Nick Barnes who -sad to say- is a lesser commentator than the fat sycophant who does the mags, however, suspect he might be more suited to a gig like this where he can't mistake Defoe for Kirchhoff. Recall being pleasantly surprised by Roger Thames who was excellent craic in a recent pocast. Keep up the good work.

We're doing another live show at Port of Call on Monday 9th of May. The last one we did there was canny and people seemed to have a good time. This time around we sold out a bit quicker than usual, but with a bit of venue rejigging we can get a few more in.

Guests this time are Julio Arca, Michael Proctor and Nick Barnes of Radio Newcastle.

Tickets are limited, they're £5 and available here.

I know there was a sticky on this ages ago, but if there's tickets left with a few weeks to go I always like to plug it on here a bit.

Cheers
I'll not be going but just wanted to say I love listening to the podcast. I work in darlo so I like listening to it on my commute.

Any grief on here is uncalled for, I think you guys do a cracking job. Keep it going.

I'll not be going but just wanted to say I love listening to the podcast. I work in darlo so I like listening to it on my commute.

Any grief on here is uncalled for, I think you guys do a cracking job. Keep it going.

Some here. Listen fro. Canada with a few beers of a Monday and Thursday. Podcast wasnt the same without Gareth for a few month in the winter though.

Nee ITL tonight I see.

Some here. Listen fro. Canada with a few beers of a Monday and Thursday. Podcast wasnt the same without Gareth for a few month in the winter though.

Nee ITL tonight I see.

Bugger. It's not Thursday is it.

Last edited:
We're doing another live show at Port of Call on Monday 9th of May. The last one we did there was canny and people seemed to have a good time. This time around we sold out a bit quicker than usual, but with a bit of venue rejigging we can get a few more in.

Guests this time are Julio Arca, Michael Proctor and Nick Barnes of Radio Newcastle.

Tickets are limited, they're £5 and available here.

I know there was a sticky on this ages ago, but if there's tickets left with a few weeks to go I always like to plug it on here a bit.

Cheers

I'm on holiday (ooohh look at me) but i think it's a great and I hope to attend in future

Listen to WMS every week and it's generally a good listen, it's something different to listen to on the way to work as opposed to Alan Brazil. The guests are always decent and I actually thought their best show in a while was the other week when the usual host wasn't there and it was just the guests talking shite for half an hour - refreshingly funny!

ITL I'm not as sold on, Proctor bores the f***ing tits off me if I'm honest. I listen occasionally.

Listen to WMS every week and it's generally a good listen, it's something different to listen to on the way to work as opposed to Alan Brazil. The guests are always decent and I actually thought their best show in a while was the other week when the usual host wasn't there and it was just the guests talking shite for half an hour - refreshingly funny!

ITL I'm not as sold on, Proctor bores the f***ing tits off me if I'm honest. I listen occasionally.
Aye, WMS is the better show but it usually has the better content available with it being after a game etc. Listen to ITL most weeks but not every.

They do a cracking job overall like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back