Winter Coats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a North Face Nuptse for the last 15 years or more. That and a woolly hat and I'm sorted. If I'm really cold (10 stone wet through) I will zip it into an outer jacket.
My go to cold weather jacket is a North Face, outer liner with detachable fleece inner, lovely and warm. If i fail in my quest for a something different jacket, I'll end up bring that back at Christmas.

cant go wrong with a barbour jacket.
Had one as a kid, briefly, never liked it, just the waxed jacket feel, although i don't doubt they'll be warm enough.

Last edited:
So can anybody post a link to a SMB approved garment?

I love the Canada Goose stuff - but it's both unneeded in this country and say above my price range.

Looking for something warm and with a cool fur style hood!

Brian, I'm struggling to understand why it needs to be SMB approved, but I'll still post a link up. Cos I'm that type of bloke.

I paid big money (compared to what it is priced here) for this beauty about 4 years ago & it's perfect. Not too heavy but still warm. & cool as fuck. Or else that's just me who's making the jacket look good. :cool: I just saw that it's out of stock on that site but I'm sure it's available in other places. Fuckin gutted at the price it is now, though.

http://www.tdffashion.co.uk/mens-c1/jackets-coats-c6/duck-and-cover-kingsway-jacket-black-p3638

Queue all the Canada Goosies coming on and saying how its the must have essential for these desperately extreme winters we have here...:lol:

And don't forget all the Moncler brigade who will also be on.....banging on about how it's another must have when in reality they are paying over the odds for a tiny little logo stitched onto the sleeve.

And don't forget all the Moncler brigade who will also be on.....banging on about how it's another must have when in reality they are paying over the odds for a tiny little logo stitched onto the sleeve.
For such a wide range of jackets in the Moncler range, I only like a few of them, and they seem to be the wind breaker type, not really winterish at all.

My go to cold weather jacket is a North Face, outer liner with detachable fleece inner, lovely and warm. If i fail in my quest for a something different jacket, I'll end up bring that back at Christmas.

I can't imagine anything warmer than the nuptse zipped into my north face outer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back