Will Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnson

Interesting how little he has been involved over the last few months. It seems to me that Poyet has no faith in the lad, even though he has worked with him previously.

Can't see where he fits in now Defoe has arrived.

Although I think Bridcutt is awful, he is playing a lot, so at least getting money's worth. Buckley really seems like a mistake currently.

Already repaid his transfer fee with his assist against Newcastle. I hate the you have to be either shit or class mentality on here.

Poyet is not even playing him, and barely bringing him off the bench. That is my point. Its got absolutely nothing to do with what we think, and everything to do with what Poyet thinks.

Makes no difference what me and you think.

Interesting how little he has been involved over the last few months. It seems to me that Poyet has no faith in the lad, even though he has worked with him previously.

Can't see where he fits in now Defoe has arrived.

Although I think Bridcutt is awful, he is playing a lot, so at least getting money's worth. Buckley really seems like a mistake currently.

buckley has made 22 apps for us this season and bridcutt 15

Buckley is useful from the bench occasionally but little else. Bridcutt useful to cover Catts now and again.

It looks like Poyet bought him specifically as an impact sub

Just think its a hell of a lot of money for such a limited role, 2.5million isn't peanuts.

buckley has made 22 apps for us this season and bridcutt 15

how many has he started like?

played 14 minutes since Man City, that's me point.

Both shit, Bridcutt slightly less so than Buckley
And you can hoy Gomez somewhere in between them both

Type of players often seen in relegated teams. The two Brighton lads work hard but just short of quality and impact needed. Gomez has some quality but not the consistency to go with it.

Already repaid his transfer fee with his assist against Newcastle. I hate the you have to be either shit or class mentality on here.

Given you were also of the opinion Altidore was a footballer I suspect you're ten years old, a wind up or a complete and utter bell end.

Both are useful enough squad players. Buckley has been our only direct winger and while he's frustrating and a bit shite he's done ok. I think had he got more decisions his way in the final third people would have praised his contribution more. We could do worse than hoying him on against a tiring full back when we are pressing. As for Bridcutt he's solid and steady. He's not got the passing ability of Larsson, Gomez, or Catts, and certainly doesn't have the tenacity like Larsson and Catts, but he is good steady cover.

I think Bridcutt is a better signing than Buckley. Buckley is kind of average but that's what you get for £2.5m these days. I wouldn't say he's been awful, I think people just love to hate him, myself included. He'll probably never win people over, but you never know. If he could score a few goals he might win people over. I doubt he'll get much minutes though with the switch to two strikers. You need some squad players, he's one of them. Not the best, not the worst either.

I think Bridcutt is a better signing than Buckley. Buckley is kind of average but that's what you get for £2.5m these days. I wouldn't say he's been awful, I think people just love to hate him, myself included. He'll probably never win people over, but you never know. If he could score a few goals he might win people over. I doubt he'll get much minutes though with the switch to two strikers. You need some squad players, he's one of them. Not the best, not the worst either.
My biggest gripe about Buckley is that we could have exactly the same type of player in Mavrias who hasn't been given a minute this season.

My biggest gripe about Buckley is that we could have exactly the same type of player in Mavrias who hasn't been given a minute this season.

Mavrias is an enigma, is he any good? Who knows. But he's also 20 and has no experience in English football. Give me Buckley over Mavrias every day.

Given you were also of the opinion Altidore was a footballer I suspect you're ten years old, a wind up or a complete and utter bell end.

A tad harsh! :lol:

I wouldn't mind if he was a free, but 2.5 million is a lot of money mate, and you can get a lot more for that.

Mavrias is an enigma, is he any good? Who knows. But he's also 20 and has no experience in English football. Give me Buckley over Mavrias every day.
Could go either way though. That lack of experience could easily make him a very dangerous player to play against. Just look at the impact James McClean had! Mav has pedigree in so much that he's played Champs League football and was wanted by Inter and Roma just before he got injured and we came in. But his application in the Reserves has been poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back