Why do so few of our signings hit the ground running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No. Canny boring thing to argue about if you can't see why cheaper players aren't as good as more expensive ones.

Price has got fuck all to do with it.....Giaccherini and Altidore were the only players we paid any real money for last season and £14m is not to be sniffed at. Both internationals and we've had cameos from one and jack shit from the other. We seem to have managed the same feat again this season......Pants, Jones, Coates, Alvarez, Rodwell, Gomez, PVA, Buckley.......all either not starting, not really contributing or not fit enough to contribute fully.

Or players like James McCarthy, Tom Huddlestone, Enner Valencia, Mo Diame....and countless others. Our signings over the last few years have been f***ing rank and almost all of them have needed months (or longer/never in some cases) before we see anything from them.
Hit the ground running?
He's played 5 matches, scored 1 goal and missed a penalty. He was £13m... I wouldn't even say he's hit the ground yet.

Hit the ground running?
He's played 5 matches, scored 1 goal and missed a penalty. He was £13m... I wouldn't even say he's hit the ground yet.

He's fit, he's scored his first goal and he looks to be a very decent acquisition. How many times can we say that a signing has slotted straight in.....Altidore?.....still waiting for that elusive 2nd goal after God knows how many games......or a player from the same part of the World as Valencia.....Scocco.....not fit, never adapted, sold at a loss......and there's a dozen like that.

He's fit, he's scored his first goal and he looks to be a very decent acquisition. How many times can we say that a signing has slotted straight in.....Altidore?.....still waiting for that elusive 2nd goal after God knows how many games......or a player from the same part of the World as Valencia.....Scocco.....not fit, never adapted, sold at a loss......and there's a dozen like that.

...and that was just last season.

Surely Bruce cannot still be getting the blame?

I'm not blaming him at all.....i'm saying that the bulk of our team is still made-up of players he signed and despite signing dozens since then only a couple have made any impact on the team......hence the title of the thread...

I'm not blaming him at all.....i'm saying that the bulk of our team is still made-up of players he signed and despite signing dozens since then only a couple have made any impact on the team......hence the title of the thread...

Ahh sorry, had a heavy night last night. It is currently very difficult to comprehend things haha. I see your point though. Its baffling that after all your signings it remains a Bruce heavy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back