Who was the last successful manager, other than Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who never played professionally?

I know there are a few, like Wenger, who have not played at a high level but surely there are a lot of knowledgeable coaches out there who could do a better job that some of the ex players who fail serially.

Houllier played in the lower reaches of the french leagues but not sure or not if that was semi pro or professional.

I think a lot of the time some of the best managers are players with limited ability who had to learn to read the game better than those with natural instinctive talent.

I think a lot of the time some of the best managers are players with limited ability who had to learn to read the game better than those with natural instinctive talent.
Like Brian clough? No I know what u mean, and think to an extent you are right,also players from the back tend to make better managers than strikers,I think because defence to midfield is more team oriented where as strikers are more for themselves

Like Brian clough? No I know what u mean, and think to an extent you are right,also players from the back tend to make better managers than strikers,I think because defence to midfield is more team oriented where as strikers are more for themselves

Mainly playing and management are two different skills so it helps to have been someone who had to read the game and have had to work at it. Imho a lot of great players struggle as managers because everything they did on their careers was instinctive, how do they tell players less skilled than them how to play?

That said, it will be interesting to see how Zidane does because if he has a successful coaching career he will be an exception to everything people say

Who never played professionally?

I know there are a few, like Wenger, who have not played at a high level but surely there are a lot of knowledgeable coaches out there who could do a better job that some of the ex players who fail serially.

Can you class Ferige as playing professionally he only played in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back