Which yearly sporting event do you look forward to most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tour de France, the greatest bike race in the world,just fantastic, even more so now cyclings getting clean.
:)

Agreed always remember how packed me local was for the Argie game a 12 o'clock kick off loads of people having an extended lunches and going back to work stinking of drink even if they hadn't had one.

The Brazil game I always remember going up to Newcastle with loads of people on the metro going to work and me just jeaned and t shirted and out for the day.

i was at that game:cool: (arg)

Aye - never understood why they didn't have him in blinkers

Dayjour not Carson

:lol::lol:

i was at newmarket to see that team win with nashwan and then at epsom , yet i was on th e lord howard de walden horse priince or dance who finished lame and not nashwan ffs:mad:

fuck knows how i remember this stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here I haven't worked the Monday after the SB for about 5 years and already have the day off next year.

It'll be 30 for me this year (the first few I was mysteriously poorly for school on the Monday :lol:).

Japan was quality, go to the pub for a 7am kick off, start the day with a bacon sarnie washed down with a beer then keep drinking until the next morning.

Watched them all in the Derry (in the days before it was done out).

The tour de France, the greatest bike race in the world,just fantastic, even more so now cyclings getting clean.
Aye righto. Clean be buggered, you`ll be telling us next you believe in fairies:lol::lol:

Apart from the once yearly bedroom wrestling match between me and the mrs id have to say the TT fortnight

pierrot said:

Tour de France for me as well but I think you might be a little optimistic as to how clean it is.

There was a horse of Cecils a good few year back (can't remember it's name) that I was convinced was a certainty and I kept lumping on at all prices and it ended up being withdrawn.
Fortunately it came out as a 4 year old and pissed in at a decent price so I got me money back (Think it only ran once more then was put out to stud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back