When I walk in on Saturday

• Thread starter Deleted member 7101
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7101

will be 53 years almost to the day since my first match. 28th October 1961 against Plymouth. Roker stacked to the rafters,won 5-0,completely hooked from that day to this. Played 21 games at home that season....lost just one..to Liverpool, who won the league by a mile. Fortress Roker....magical times.We finished the season third,drew the last game at Swansea,if we'd won would have gone up on goal difference from Leyton Orient. Fuck........didn't realise I was old.....where's that time gone?

will be 53 years almost to the day since my first match. 28th October 1961 against Plymouth. Roker stacked to the rafters,won 5-0,completely hooked from that day to this. Played 21 games at home that season....lost just one..to just Liverpool, who won the league by a mile. Fortress Roker....magical times.We finished the season third,drew the last game at Swansea,if we'd won would have gone up on goal difference from Leyton Orient. Fuck........didn't realise I was old.....where's that time gone?
Could of been worse. could of been Chelsea at home last game of the season and Tommy Harmer just jock strapped a one in to win, and go up ahead of Sunderland.;)

will be 53 years almost to the day since my first match. 28th October 1961 against Plymouth. Roker stacked to the rafters,won 5-0,completely hooked from that day to this. Played 21 games at home that season....lost just one..to Liverpool, who won the league by a mile. Fortress Roker....magical times.We finished the season third,drew the last game at Swansea,if we'd won would have gone up on goal difference from Leyton Orient. Fuck........didn't realise I was old.....where's that time gone?

Pah ! I have no time for "Johnny Come Lately's beat you by eight weeks - 26th August 1961

:lol::lol: Was Matthews playing at Stoke then?
No he wasn't but if I have to be perfectly honest I have to say that I have very faded memories of the game itself.
(PS in 1964 I did get and still have Johnny's autograph - he was not in the 61-62 team of course but I mention him because of your avatar)

43 years for me next Thursday.

Apparently though the younguns on here, those who play FIFA and are still wet behind the ears, you know the 22 year old know it alls, know more about football than you and I marra. ;)

43 years for me next Thursday.

Apparently though the younguns on here, those who play FIFA and are still wet behind the ears, you know the 22 year old know it alls, know more about football than you and I marra. ;)

Just catch them one with your stick when you can marra -like I do . But watch out you divvent fall owwar and dee yer hip.

34 years tomorrow for me. Ipswich at home, lost 2-0. 9th at the time and stayed up on the last day by winning at Liverpool.

So, my first season saw us punch above our weight and raise hopes, fall away dramatically and sack the manager and then we pulled ourselves out of the shit at the last minute.

Wonder how many seasons since have been the same!

What will you be doing to celebrate this landmark anniversary? ;)

I'm on my 30th season this year, it took me around 6 or 7 games before I saw us score a goal and that was the great Dave f***ing Swindlehurst. Those who think we are shit now need to remember or realise what my first 15 or so years were like. THAT was f***ing shit

Reactions: G
Went to a few games at Roker but can't remember a thing.

My 1st game at the SOL other than Ajax was a 2-3 defeat to Barnsley under Reid. Ashley Ward scored, missed a pen, then got sent off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back