What's the key position we need to strengthen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexhamali

Winger
Seen a lot of posters wanting a striker but personally I'd far rather we spend the big money (if there is big money available) on a central midfield to play alongside Cattermole and Larsson, we're desperate for creativity in the middle of the pitch.

Central midfield area - technically good player capable of spreading the ball around more quickly and also forward, it's absolutely imperative, unless we buy a big strong quick striker and lump it forward more often.

Though losing Wickham means we currently have an ageing player not really suited to a lone striker role and Dick has been reluctant to play him there. Danny Graham probably is suited to it, but not at this level as he's shite and Fletcher isn't suited to it going long spells or even games without being involved there.

I'm happy to loan a winger and striker.

But right now, the side is crying out for a fairly young, 23+, cm who can control a game, and dictate the play for us, while chipping in with some goals. For me this player HAS to be of the quality that it breaks out record transfer fee.

Pants/ Mannone
Jones/ Matthews Kaboul/ Brown Coates/ OShea PVA/ ?
Catts/ ? Seb/ Rodwell
Giac/ ?
Lens/ ? Defoe/ ? Johnson/ ?
Probably say we need two per position, and with sales of Graham, Buckley, Bridcutt I can see us signing players to fill those positions

Central midfielder who can make us look like a team that isn't afraid of the ball. We were much easier to watch when we had Steed or Ki in the team to help drive possession.

Going into the season with Defoe, Fletcher and Graham as our strikers would be asking for trouble

God aye! Wouldn't even want that in the championship!!!

Slight worry we'll blow this money, and opportunity, on Ola and Sow but hey, fingers crossed!

Central midfielder who can make us look like a team that isn't afraid of the ball. We were much easier to watch when we had Steed or Ki in the team to help drive possession.

God I miss Steed.

Central midfielder who can create chances and a striker who fits a 4-3-3 system.

I don't buy the argument that we need that as a 'bare minimum' or that we need four or five players - get those two players, and I honestly think that we will have our best side since we came 10th, with good cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back