what the hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basically, we started the season with 6 defenders. A crock on a free from West Brom, an injury prone 35 year old, a clown, a heap of shite on loan from Liverpool, a left back from Chelsea reserves, and O'Shea.

Even when we brought someone in on a free, we went for a 36 year old full back. We went through the January transfer window, and still didn't bring a defender in.

As a result, O'Shea, at the age of 33 / 34, has had to play every single week - either alongside an injury prone 35 year old, or a clown.

For most of the season he has done very well, but playing every week has caught up with him, as it would with any player of that age at this stage of the season.

Yet again, it comes down to piss poor management by people who don't understand football and f***ing shite recruitment.

tired after playing every minuet of the season despite being one of the oldest in the squad

As a result, O'Shea, at the age of 33 / 34, has had to play every single week - either alongside an injury prone 35 year old, or a clown.

For most of the season he has done very well, but playing every week has caught up with him, as it would with any player of that age at this stage of the season.

It was suggested to me by another supporter I was next to at a match, that he possibly has a clause in his contract that when he is fit he has to play? It would make sense when he signed from Manchester United he didnt want to sit on the bench, and in all the time he has been here I dont remember him ever sitting on the bench, he is either suspended or injured when he doesn't play.

Honestly no idea if its correct but it would kind of make sense.

Last edited:
tired after playing every minuet of the season despite being one of the oldest in the squad

It was suggested to me by another supporter I was next to at a match, that he possibly has a clause in his contract that when he is fit he has to play? It would make sense when he signed from Manchester United he didnt want to sit on the bench, and in all the time he has been here I dont remember him ever sitting on the bench, he is either suspended or injured when he doesn't play.

Honestly no idea if its correct but it would kind of make sense.

Don't believe that for a moment tbh. That rumour does the rounds every time a player is playing badly - I remember it was the rumour about Welbeck when he was shite for months at the beginning of his loan spell. I just think O'Shea has to play because we have fuck all else.

There was a very good reason MU off loaded JoS & Wes to us whilst they were still in their twenties.....because they are not top half premier players. I'll trust SAF's judgement on this one. I'd be willing to try 2 replacements in CB however mad it may seem....as the 2 we have got are not even championship standard

There was a very good reason MU off loaded JoS & Wes to us whilst they were still in their twenties.....because they are not top half premier players. I'll trust SAF's judgement on this one. I'd be willing to try 2 replacements in CB however mad it may seem....as the 2 we have got are not even championship standard

Championship standard is pretty shit. I dont think oshea would find it all that hard to sort Daryl Murphy out

He is a old man in the football context,still a decent player mind.
Thinking of the Palace game think he was exposed to young tricky players with raw pace.

He will have to come good again if we are to stay up.

Will be better suited to playing Stoke.

Yet SAF persisted with both for many years before moving them on, not because he suddenly decided they were shit, but because as a mega rich club they could afford to buy better. However bad his form he's still the best CB we have. Last season Wes Brown had a nightmare against Spurs away. He admitted he was at fault for something like 4 of their 5 goals, then went on to finish the season really strongly. JOS has to do the same if we're to stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back