What changes do you want next year at the SOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer 10p a pint

A few ornaments placed around the concourse, maybe the odd standard lamp in one or two alcoves for ambience and some nice piped music.

A few beanbags scattered about would be nice

And some pouffes

Been saying it for years; get three (3) searchlights on the roof. Turn em all on when we win and one on when we draw. Let the NE know how we are racking up the points. Itll be great next year when the mags are down and they can see em during the winter months while they wallow in their championship hell.

As you were.

A tank on the scoreboard that alternates with the word "ATTACK" some of the pixels need to be missing though.
This is my #1 thing missing from the SoL, well, that and 'Welcome to Sunderland' draped across the back wall of the South Stand with 60W bulbs behind each letter.

Stuff like that is free/pennies, but it harks back to the club that it actually is.

I wonder how many people currently employed by SAFC saw either in the flesh

Topless bar staff
I wouldn't want to see any of the current knuckle dragging mutants in that state - surely we'd have to insist on an upgrade

Last edited:
Red seats
Searchlights back on at night
Barry Manilow played loud in the Oppo's dressing room till K.O
Murals on the wall in Oppo's dressing room, of some of Catts err, meatier tackles
Sign on tunnel walls, just before they come out, saying "Welcome to Hell"
"Krakes" to be brought back, one free one to each SC holder
Them cards on each seat that you hold up to make a pic or say summat

A fan to be chosen at random, and players having to sit and listen in a meeting,to that fan tell them exactly how he or she feels after every crap performance

Apart from the changes required on the field, what would you like to see change next year at the SOL.

There was a thread a little while ago suggesting plans were being put in place for a few upgrades.

What would you like to see?
Why don't the SOL (and all football grounds) have beer sold by guys walking round with those portable pumps like they do at other places such as concerts, racing, rugby etc?

Would reduce the queues at the bar and the club would sell more beer I'm sure. I know it can't be sold outside the concourse (for football anyway) but would make it much easier I think.

Last edited:
Why don't the SOL (and all football grounds) have beer sold by guys walking round with those portable pumps like they do at other places such as concerts, racing, rugby etc?

Would reduce the queues at the bar and the club would sell more beer I'm sure. I know it can't be sold outside the concourse (for football anyway) but would make it much easier I think.

First saw this done at reading at the football not the pop festival few years back great idea

Get rid of wise men say before game and go back to "ready to go" blasting out as they come on!

And music when we score... not sure what yet but just summit that pumps crowd up. Worked a treat in early days of SOL

Get rid of wise men say before game and go back to "ready to go" blasting out as they come on!

And music when we score... not sure what yet but just summit that pumps crowd up. Worked a treat in early days of SOL

Thought they played played wms at full time not at the start

Prefer to come out to the Zcars theme tune sod Everton

Electricity bill wo
Been saying it for years; get three (3) searchlights on the roof. Turn em all on when we win and one on when we draw. Let the NE know how we are racking up the points. Itll be great next year when the mags are down and they can see em during the winter months while they wallow in their championship hell.

As you were.

Electricity bill wouldn't be much ! :rolleyes:

Just had a great idea. The club should employ 25 singers and place 5 in each end including PC. Give them all a walky talky and get them to sing songs together it would be really good atmosphere all singing same songs.

I'd want our team entry music to be " Ride of the Valkyries"--- Wagner.

Every time I hear it I get a mental pic of those choppers charging in --Apolcalypse Now? Now THAT is motivating!

Welcome to Sunderland and the corrugated roof has been installed in the sports bar albeight the letters have been randomly placed.
They need to play with sound hi-lights of the Derby wins 15minutes before kick off to get the crowd up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back