Villa, Norwich, SAFC/NUFC/Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

good god , hope your right but very much doubt it , far too late imo sams got em havin a go but its too late.

1 point off safety, best form in the league in our last 6 and games against norwich and newcastle to play, seems like it i very much in our hands.

I think we still need a few slices of luck and I'm worried about the toll injuries might take. However, in 2016 we've played 7 games and have taken an average 1.57 points per game with 2 defeats, 2 draws and 3 wins. There's hope yet.
Just to save me the bother - what is Sams average points per game since he took over. I think I worked out a month ago we were on track for 36 points.

Just to save me the bother - what is Sams average points per game since he took over. I think I worked out a month ago we were on track for 36 points.

Not checked but around 1.1 I think. Given the shit he has sorted out and how weve played over the past 7 games I'm hopefull.

The spurs game was a shame as we looked pretty solid for the first hour.

Bournemouth and down for me. Palace have to many points and too many potential game winners to go down.

If we can get a win at West ham our next game is Palace at home. Beat them and we might be just 3 points behind them. They would have to lose away at West Brom.

Lots of ifs I know. The mags had something like 32 points after 24 games last season and stayed up by the skin of their shit. Out can happen.

Last edited:
I think we still need a few slices of luck and I'm worried about the toll injuries might take. However, in 2016 we've played 7 games and have taken an average 1.57 points per game with 2 defeats, 2 draws and 3 wins. There's hope yet.
Carry on like that and we'll finish on 41/42 points:eek: won't happen:lol:

Palace are on a horrendous run of form. 8 points off relegation but they haven't won in ages. Pardew has a record for poor run ins
Their team are full of shit journeymen. I would be very suprized if they won more than 1 game from now until the end of the season.

If we can beat them in our next home game it would really throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

Bournemouth and down for me. Palace have to many points and too many potential game winners to go down.
Who

Keep the pressure on. Bournemouth and Swansea are in it. We should be looking at closing the gap to Bournemouth

Palace are on a horrendous run of form. 8 points off relegation but they haven't won in ages. Pardew has a record for poor run ins

think it was mentioned one point in the last 8 games?
they were on a decent run as well before that iirc, cannot ever say a team is safe or down and our form has been good for a bottom club compared to others...while we have not been playing fantastic since the turn of the year we have slowly been picking points up, closing the gap and our overall play is still improving.

think it was mentioned one point in the last 8 games?
they were on a decent run as well before that iirc, cannot ever say a team is safe or down and our form has been good for a bottom club compared to others...while we have not been playing fantastic since the turn of the year we have slowly been picking points up, closing the gap and our overall play is still improving.
I look at their team and its got relegation all over it.

Really bad keeper
Slow and ponderous defence
Very average midfield who can be very recklass
Widemen who on their day can be good but very inconsistant and who go missing in a scrap
Centreforwads who seem to have bad attitudes and dont score many goals.
Add to this a thin squad full of journeymen

Not checked but around 1.1 I think. Given the shit he has sorted out and how weve played over the past 7 games I'm hopefull.

The spurs game was a shame as we looked pretty solid for the first hour.

If we can get a win at West ham our next game is Palace at home. Beat them and we might be just 3 points behind them. They would have to lose away at West Brom.

Lots of ifs I know. The mags had something like 32 points after 24 games last season and stayed up by the skin of their shit. Out can happen.

Beating West Ham and Palace would mean we have won three games back to back. I can't see that happening. To keep us in touch of safety, a win against Palace is a must. Anything at West Ham is a bonus.

Beating West Ham and Palace would mean we have won three games back to back. I can't see that happening. To keep us in touch of safety, a win against Palace is a must. Anything at West Ham is a bonus.
Only 2 seasons ago Palace won 5 in a row under Pulis to become safe.

No reason we cant win 3 in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back