Victor Anichebe sums up football

• Thread starter Deleted member 361
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK WGM. That was a serious moan; many will find it tedious. It is, but sadly it contains enough truths to merit serious discussion.

The latest increase in SKY etc income only really means that more money races from the TV companies via the Premier league and it's clubs directly to the players and their pimps without pausing to draw breath. This means more opportunities for ineffectual players to stay/jump upon the disgusting gravy train that is the Premiere League. Thus, as you point out, suffocating opportunities for younger players and other players in the Championship.

The fans get none in lower prices, smaller, lower leagues get none, kids get none, schools get none. Only the players and their pimps benefit. No wonder the England team is so crap. Why should they give a shit about their country? No bung in that. They don't even sing (or know?) their own national anthem.

The greater part of the Premier League games are as boring as hell. Few goals, drab possession football, time wasting, unpunished "professional" fouls and just plain cheating. Again unpunished by soft, weak-as-water referees who think think they are film stars.

Apparently the Premier League is the best in the world. Bollocks, it is too rich, too predictable and too focused on a tiny number of the most boring clubs in the spotlight to the exclusion of all others. Yawn bloody yawn. Anyone who watches the Bundesliga and the French League will have a far better day out and see far less cheating. Although they don't slide the ball around like chess players while the fans nod off.

Plus, of course fans in other countries can actually afford to go. While the Premier clubs are contemptuous of the percentage contribution to their inflated turnover made by the fans, but are still happy to rip those fans off on ticket prices. They make me puke.

So WGM, I have gone somewhat off piste, but I support your post. It is long overdue.
totally agree

thank you for taking the time to write that.

whats annoying is I love sunderland but the premier league and the greed and circus that surrounds it leaves me feeling angry. maybe i should have used the anichebe deal as just another example rather than the main focus

sad thing is that if this millionaire actually nods a goal in, this thread will be bumped and everyone will rejoice.

its exactly why the premier league gets away with it

Could be worse, you could have paid £3m to loan Remy for a season, break him after being here for nine days and send him back to Chelsea for treatment!

Could be worse, you could have paid £3m to loan Remy for a season, break him after being here for nine days and send him back to Chelsea for treatment!
well this guy is in apparently no state to play football for a long while according to moyes

Do you think he was our first choice or even in our top 3?
he ticked all the boxes, free, available and more than likely wanting less wages than bendtner etc.

Actually Moyse said today that he was considering Anichebe in addition to trying to sign a couple of other forwards but you probably haven't bothered considering that either.

Anyway what's that got to do with your claim that Anichebe is a liar ?

Actually Moyse said today that he was considering Anichebe in addition to trying to sign a couple of other forwards but you probably haven't bothered considering that either.

Anyway what's that got to do with your claim that Anichebe is a liar ?
So "in addition to" when nobody else arrived doesnt show it was a last gasp move?
or how about the fact it wasnt completed during the actual transfer window?
My claims he is a liar for saying something that people want to hear?
Just look at the drivel the mags/liverpool/everton new signings come out with in their first interviews its not exactly uncommon.:confused:

Yeah, some people love supporting the club! Losers!
Nice one Howard. Have a like.

To those who boo and gripe.

I worked out the other day (for travel insurance) that I have worked in 37 different countries during my working life. During that time I have NEVER not tried to get to the match if it is possible and affordable (i.e. Schipol to a UK airport, Paris ditto, Tunis ..... etc.) or at least get an Internet URL ... Surprisingly easy in places like that Middle East, Pakistan, West Africa etc.

I am not bragging or making some cheap point. I am one of a MASSIVE headcount of real fans, there are many tens of thousands of us. Around the world and here in the UK.

To those who rush to booing, hurling criticism at our beloved club, speculating on imagined idiocies by the club, I say that we are the guys and lasses who keep the real flame burning. This because the club is ours. The owners, officials and even the players are merely custodians.

We are Sunderland. City and club.

So "in addition to" when nobody else arrived doesnt show it was a last gasp move?
or how about the fact it wasnt completed during the actual transfer window?
My claims he is a liar for saying something that people want to hear?
Just look at the drivel the mags/liverpool/everton new signings come out with in their first interviews its not exactly uncommon.:confused:

Anichebe said he had other options and he'd known for a while that there was a possibility of a deal. Moyse said he'd been actively considering Anichebe and of course we didn't have to sign him before the deadline as he was a free agent and we had no games.

Anichebe seems a genuine lad, he was clearly likely to come at the end of the window as it was rumoured in the press for a couple of weeks. I'm happy to accept what the player and the manager said about how he ended up here. Clearly you are not.

I spoke to a good friend of mine who has had a season ticket for ten years going both home and away.

He loves Moyes. Stated that what he is current doing at Sunderland is how he started at Everton and stated that we will be very surprised.

With pienaar before the Middlesbourough (and my actual disappointment in his signing) he stated, "you will be very surprised with him, he won't be on match of the day all the time, or won't win any 100 meter race, but you will b extremely surprised with him, his ability and if kept fit is a quality player.

Now, as this post is about our recent signing, Anichebe, he stated, "when he is on his day, he is absolutely unplayable. If you give the ball to his feet, no one is capable of playing him. He doesn't score loads of goals, but makes them in abundance if you have a quality striker.

Now the initial poster stated that this is wrong with football.
What? Signing a player on a free at 28 year old who is actually rated by supporters who pay good money to watch his team?

Or is it about spunking 10 million on the likes of fletcher, 6 million on that absolute donkey I can't get my say his name, or 5 million on Danny Graham.

As I'm aware, Anichebe has been given a year to prove his worth.
Incredible business rather that throwing a young lad in from the start,

Sorry this isn't a pissy bed post but I don't get the OP point.

Anichebe said he had other options and he'd known for a while that there was a possibility of a deal. Moyse said he'd been actively considering Anichebe and of course we didn't have to sign him before the deadline as he was a free agent and we had no games.

Anichebe seems a genuine lad, he was clearly likely to come at the end of the window as it was rumoured in the press for a couple of weeks. I'm happy to accept what the player and the manager said about how he ended up here. Clearly you are not.
Ok

Me neither.

Manager signs player he knows well taking into account his requirements within the limitations he works within.

It's hardly unexpected.

It was a shit signing and will proven to be one imo. We've signed a striker who doesn't score many goals!

Low cost option for sub, cup games etc. On a free. If he scores a couple of goals and provides a couple of assists he will be a bargain compared to some of the dross we've paid good money for.

Last edited:
Me neither.

Manager signs player he knows well taking into account his requirements within the limitations he works within.

It's hardly unexpected.

Low cost option for sub, cup games etc. On a free. If he scores a couple of goals and provides a couple of assists he will be a bargain compared to some of the dross we've paid good money for.
Why not just give Asoro a go in those games? You know the lad that the likes of Juve, PSG and Inter are after

I spoke to a good friend of mine who has had a season ticket for ten years going both home and away.

He loves Moyes. Stated that what he is current doing at Sunderland is how he started at Everton and stated that we will be very surprised.

With pienaar before the Middlesbourough (and my actual disappointment in his signing) he stated, "you will be very surprised with him, he won't be on match of the day all the time, or won't win any 100 meter race, but you will b extremely surprised with him, his ability and if kept fit is a quality player.

Now, as this post is about our recent signing, Anichebe, he stated, "when he is on his day, he is absolutely unplayable. If you give the ball to his feet, no one is capable of playing him. He doesn't score loads of goals, but makes them in abundance if you have a quality striker.

Now the initial poster stated that this is wrong with football.
What? Signing a player on a free at 28 year old who is actually rated by supporters who pay good money to watch his team?

Or is it about spunking 10 million on the likes of fletcher, 6 million on that absolute donkey I can't get my say his name, or 5 million on Danny Graham.

As I'm aware, Anichebe has been given a year to prove his worth.
Incredible business rather that throwing a young lad in from the start,

With all due respect what does-

A) a ten year safc season ticket holder etc know that moyes is doing here what he did there?
Or
B)an everton season ticket holder etc etc know what moyes did there is what he is doing here?

Secondly as we only play one up front your scenario of him not scoring many goals but makes them in abundance if you have a quality striker may be a problem.

Finally with the best intentions in the world saying that in our window long hunt for a striker signing somebody who rarely scores after the window closes is "incredible business" may be pushing it a bit far.

Why not just give Asoro a go in those games? You know the lad that the likes of Juve, PSG and Inter are after

What's stopping them both playing or being sub ? It's a squad game and we have few options up front especially with Borini injured.

With all due respect what does-

A) a ten year safc season ticket holder etc know that moyes is doing here what he did there?
Or
B)an everton season ticket holder etc etc know what moyes did there is what he is doing here?

Secondly as we only play one up front your scenario of him not scoring many goals but makes them in abundance if you have a quality striker may be a problem.

Finally with the best intentions in the world saying that in our window long hunt for a striker signing somebody who rarely scores after the window closes is "incredible business" may be pushing it a bit far.

It was a post attempting to bring a bit of reality really.
You are correct in saying know one knows, however it is a fact that the Everton fan may know a little more of the two he signed on free transfers.

Also, you are suggesting that Anichebe may not actually play with Defoe as we only pkay one up front.

Here is where you show your total ignorance with a player we have signed suggesting that maybe someone else's view may hold some substance.
Anichebe Can also play in a right hand side position that can cut into a central role. There is every possibility, especially now Borini is injured, that Anichebe was also considered for this position especially with a great supply from Pickford.

Hardly incredible I know, but maybe not a post that is full of ignorance with all respect.

It was a post attempting to bring a bit of reality really.
You are correct in saying know one knows, however it is a fact that the Everton fan may know a little more of the two he signed on free transfers.

Also, you are suggesting that Anichebe may not actually play with Defoe as we only pkay one up front.

Here is where you show your total ignorance with a player we have signed suggesting that maybe someone else's view may hold some substance.
Anichebe Can also play in a right hand side position that can cut into a central role. There is every possibility, especially now Borini is injured, that Anichebe was also considered for this position especially with a great supply from Pickford.

Hardly incredible I know, but maybe not a post that is full of ignorance with all respect.
My "total ignorance"or you mean you are just making things up?

In his 56 games for west brom he played ZERO GAMES on the right wing not a single minute.

In fact in his 167 games in the premier league he has played a massive 7 times on the right wing (never completing 90 minutes in any of them) and contributed a massive 1 goal and zero assists.

If you choose to insult someone its probably best not making up a load of bollocks to back it up.

My "total ignorance"or you mean you are just making things up?

In his 56 games for west brom he played ZERO GAMES on the right wing not a single minute.

In fact in his 167 games in the premier league he has played a massive 7 times on the right wing (never completing 90 minutes in any of them) and contributed a massive 1 goal and zero assists.

If you choose to insult someone its probably best not making up a load of bollocks to back it up.

You started insulting.
I don't know ANY West Brom supporters.
I do know an Everton fan who goes to watch the games, he doesn't look at the stats like you, he goes to games and watches players.

He may be making it all up.

I'll judge him how he plays for us not statistics.
I simply added that there could be a possibility that they could pkay together.

You have made up bollocks. You've even admitted he has played down the right hand side in your pathetic attempt of looking better.

Grow up you spunk bubble.

You started insulting.
I don't know ANY West Brom supporters.
I do know an Everton fan who goes to watch the games, he doesn't look at the stats like you, he goes to games and watches players.

He may be making it all up.

I'll judge him how he plays for us not statistics.
I simply added that there could be a possibility that they could pkay together.

You have made up bollocks. You've even admitted he has played down the right hand side in your pathetic attempt of looking better.

Grow up you spunk bubble.
What bollocks have i made up you absolute cracker?:lol:

Your everton supporting mate who doesnt look at stats but watches games saw him playing about 200 minutes on the right wing about 6 years ago during which he contributed zero assists(you remember saying that was one of his biggest strengths) and 1 goal and you think this could be a good way for us to utilise him?:lol:

Carrying on from your insightful scouse friends information on him being unplayable on his day and creating lots of chances for another striker it may then come as a bit of a surprise that during his 186 game career he has only made 23 assists(17 for everton), again hardly backing up your mates ringing endorsement of him.

Either your scouse mate is a figment of your imagination or its stevie wonder:cool::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back