Victor Anichebe sums up football

• Thread starter Deleted member 361
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 361

Been a bit busy lately so didnt see the debate on this signing but does anyone else think the fact we offered this guy a contract just shows the garbage that the premier league has become for lower placed teams and those in the championship.

-Are we seriously meant to believe that in the whole world of footballers that with one striker available and one knock back on transfer deadline day that this free agent who has coined in serious cash in the premier league no doubt, whilst providing virtually bog all in terms of return to his clubs? 6 goals in 55 games for west brom , a similarly shit ratio for Everton.

- Is it really that bad in the youth team and lower leagues that we must turn to a released non goalscoring striker purely on the old bollocks that he has 'premier league experience'

- Is it really the case that we are prepared to throw money at yet another player who is in no state to even play? its really laughable.

- why do these players continue to get contracts despite doing virtually nothing? a striker that averages 1 goal every 8 games.

- Moyes has spent the last year in spain, is there not one player he saw there who he thought could come in and light it up for a year like that guy at swansea a few years back.

This lazy recruitment isnt just moyes, we see it all the time by managers with the old adage of premier league experience bandied around, its like they are worth 20-30k a week just for a couple of goals 9 years ago.

the media pundits etc dont help either just taking from the gravy train and creating the narrative for it to all be accepted.

lets face it , this guy is going to give defoe a rest in the cups and make some sub appearances, but really, its a shambles from the club. wasnt sess released the same time as him?

Going for a lie down.

So did you agree with the signing or not?
just bad planning and desperation

i find the premier league gravy train depressing and wish managers would put more effort in

i refuse t believe there were not better options in the lower leagues , who could have been bought, but we know the press would have a go and we need 'premier league experience'.

its just typical football and yes I will support the lad now he is here

Been a bit busy lately so didnt see the debate on this signing but does anyone else think the fact we offered this guy a contract just shows the garbage that the premier league has become for lower placed teams and those in the championship.

-Are we seriously meant to believe that in the whole world of footballers that with one striker available and one knock back on transfer deadline day that this free agent who has coined in serious cash in the premier league no doubt, whilst providing virtually bog all in terms of return to his clubs? 6 goals in 55 games for west brom , a similarly shit ratio for Everton.

- Is it really that bad in the youth team and lower leagues that we must turn to a released non goalscoring striker purely on the old bollocks that he has 'premier league experience'

- Is it really the case that we are prepared to throw money at yet another player who is in no state to even play? its really laughable.

- why do these players continue to get contracts despite doing virtually nothing? a striker that averages 1 goal every 8 games.

- Moyes has spent the last year in spain, is there not one player he saw there who he thought could come in and light it up for a year like that guy at swansea a few years back.

This lazy recruitment isnt just moyes, we see it all the time by managers with the old adage of premier league experience bandied around, its like they are worth 20-30k a week just for a couple of goals 9 years ago.

the media pundits etc dont help either just taking from the gravy train and creating the narrative for it to all be accepted.

lets face it , this guy is going to give defoe a rest in the cups and make some sub appearances, but really, its a shambles from the club. wasnt sess released the same time as him?

Going for a lie down.
you either need to keep busy or go for more lie downs :lol:

I think Moyes put a lot of effort in considering the time he had in the window to be fair. Shame we didn't get a striker within the window but to suggest we've signed anichebe because of a lack of effort is pure nonsense.
well they are either not putting the effort in or are incompetent, harsh as that sounds

Reactions: BNM

i find the premier league gravy train depressing and wish managers would put more effort in

i refuse t believe there were not better options in the lower leagues , who could have been bought, but we know the press would have a go and we need 'premier league experience'.

Decent options are still expensive - Kodje went to Villa for 15m from Bristol City and hes not a world beater

Experienced (at not doing a very good job) free agent well known to a manager in getting a short term deal shocker. End of sport as we know it.
edited

Decent options are still expensive - Kodje went to Villa for 15m from Bristol City and hes not a world beater
yes they can be i take that point

it just smacks of a lack of any imagination.

Agree with your main points.

The utter f***ing dogshit like Dosenna, Kyriagis etc over the years. There must have been youths who wouldnt effect the results of the games these played in. Even if the twats were on Only 10k a week theyre taking a million quid out of our club over a two year deal n offering fuck all.

I reserve judgement on the lad n hes saying the right things but we need to start seeing returns on most buys one way or another.

Going for a lie down.

Ryan Noble's dar?

This is where a manager can't win though cos if he'd brought a lower league striker in and he'd been shite the manager gets crucified can't say i'm beaming about Anichebe but on paper he looked the best of a very mediocre bunch,i couldn't really name a lower league striker worth taking a punt on apart from him at Forest,Assombalonga or summit.

So what you are saying is Moyes is lazy.

So he didn't start much later in assessing, evaluating and building a squad?

Starting late doesn't mean scouting late with many potential targets moved on?

He hasn't had to deal with tight financial structure?

He hasn't said in his most recent interview that we were expecting at least one striker in on deadline day?

And that Anichebe was always in the back of his mind as a back up?

Na course not

f***ing shite some miserable moaning twats on here

Agree with your main points.

The utter f***ing dogshit like Dosenna, Kyriagis etc over the years. There must have been youths who wouldnt effect the results of the games these played in. Even if the twats were on Only 10k a week theyre taking a million quid out of our club over a two year deal n offering fuck all.

I reserve judgement on the lad n hes saying the right things but we need to start seeing returns on most buys one way or another.
yet more examples

i will of course support the lad and its not his fault, just another example of these duffers living off a non reputation with premier league clubs.

almost suits them to stay under the radar and stick out the way so they just trade off their status as a 'Premier League player' when they arent really.

So what you are saying is Moyes is lazy.

So he didn't start much later in assessing, evaluating and building a squad?

Starting late doesn't mean scouting late with many potential targets moved on?

He hasn't had to deal with tight financial structure?

He hasn't said in his most recent interview that we were expecting at least one striker in on deadline day?

And that Anichebe was always in the back of his mind as a back up?

Na course not

f***ing shite some miserable moaning twats on here

yep he said that in his interview. Anichebe should be plan D not plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back