Unprofessional Hotel Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf the hostel owner as a right to reply and some points on your complaint are petty, which then clouds judgement.

A deposit is a deposit, don't lose your key and you get it back...what's the big deal.

5 quid is fuck all compared to what you payed for the "dorm"..don't see it as a bug deal.

And they are enestled to defend the location as you say it's shite....no big deal, you slated the place and they defend, no big deal.

They explained the signs and this again feels petty...again on big deal.

Bad as each other in my opinion. ....move on.

agree, looked ok for a doss to me like , think this thread is more of a " look where i have been" rather than a genuine complaint
It's not. I found Hong Kong dire, in truth.

Tbf the hostel owner as a right to reply and some points on your complaint are petty, which then clouds judgement.

A deposit is a deposit, don't lose your key and you get it back...what's the big deal.

5 quid is fuck all compared to what you payed for the "dorm"..don't see it as a bug deal.

And they are enestled to defend the location as you say it's shite....no big deal, you slated the place and they defend, no big deal.

They explained the signs and this again feels petty...again on big deal.

Bad as each other in my opinion. ....move on.
You're entitled to your opinion but you'd be siding with me if you'd had the misfortune to stay there and saw all the ways they were trying to con money out of their guests. The location, by the way, was the only thing they really had going for them. I even gave them credit for this in my review!

Last edited by a moderator:

You're entitled to your opinion but you'd be siding with me if you'd had the misfortune to stay there and saw all the ways they were trying to con money out of their guests.
How is it a con..?.it's a deposit and a fiver is a fiver.

Where else is the con?
Get the dissatisfaction with room size, but it's a dorm in a "hostel"and you booked direct with booking.com...if you had stuck with that I would have got it, but everything else sounds like trying to build a bigger picture that wasn't there and a whinge.

How is it a con..?.it's a deposit and a fiver is a fiver.

Where else is the con?
Get the dissatisfaction with room size, but it's a dorm in a "hostel"and you booked direct with booking.com...if you had stuck with that I would have got it, but everything else sounds like trying to build a bigger picture that wasn't there and a whinge.
It wasn't a dorm. It was a private room. The dorm from what I saw would have been a step up in comparison. The price was more than triple the dorm for a fraction of the room space. And there were threats of fines everywhere for minor things. That £5 charge I have never seen anywhere else and I couldn't care less how much it is, every hostel I've ever stayed at before offers this service free of charge - and I've stayed at a few. Like I say, entitled to your opinion, but the owners have been unprofessional from start to finish in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a dorm. It was a private room. The dorm from what I saw would have been a step up in comparison. The price was more than triple the dorm for a fraction of the room space. And there were threats of fines everywhere for minor things. That £5 charge I have never seen anywhere else and I couldn't care less how much it is, every hostel I've ever stayed at before offers this service free of charge - amd I've stayed at a few. Like I say, entitled to your opinion, but the owners have been unprofessional from start to finish in my eyes.
Okay maybe...I agree the response was full of emotion...

But tbf when (not directly aimed at you this time ) stuff is added in to make the,original complaint look worse then they lose credibility in my eyes, and it's good to see the hoteliers give some back or defend themselves, some people blatantly bullshit when they don't get there own way with a disagreement.

TripAdvisor reviews can be full of bully boy bullshit...

Okay maybe...I agree the response was full of emotion...

But tbf when (not directly aimed at you this time ) stuff is added in to make the,original complaint look worse then they lose credibility in my eyes, and it's good to see the hoteliers give some back or defend themselves, some people blatantly bullshit when they don't get there own way with a disagreement.

TripAdvisor reviews can be full of bully boy bullshit...
That's not me, though. I write in-depth reviews to inform people in their decision to stay at a certain place or visit a certain place. I wrote that review truthfully, and I had a proper shit time there. The response, as well as being full of emotion, is also riddled with factually incorrect accusations which is the major reason I'm so pissed off. I didn't have a good time there, I wrote about it. It's stupid to say they have no problems because they own the place. That's just burying your head in the sand.

You're entitled to your opinion but you'd be siding with me if you'd had the misfortune to stay there and saw all the ways they were trying to con money out of their guests. The location, by the way, was the only thing they really had going for them. I even gave them credit for this in my review!
Oh man what a wasted opportunity :(

My favourite bit: If your friend suffers anxiety issue and close to panic attacks why not call the ambulance and let your friend continues to suffer. What kind of friend are you?

what i will say is that the reply does the owner no favours, sounds massively rattled and unstable

Oh man what a wasted opportunity :(
To be fair to the place we did have terrible weather which limited what we could do, the visit came at the end of an exhausting five weeks on the road and the terrible hostel experience put us on a downer. I guess all of these things worked together to help spoil my time there, which is a shame.

There are a few more humourous replies up by them on TripAdvisor if anyone is interested. They're basically accusing someone of being a thief now. :lol:

I knew that you will write us up because I blew your plan by not paying your last night. We are just running a normal business here and I don't see any problem to ask for a guest payment especially a guest already broke the promise at the first place. Please note that I never said that you are a thief even though you acted like one

Erm...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back