Tyler Roberts

I disagree. He was constant threat and our defence couldn’t handle him, he was difference in 2nd half, would love him at SAFC.

But our defence did handle him, with the exception of one breakaway, when we should arguably have had a foul, seconds before. Gooch brought him down then they scored through a player who (again, arguably) shouldn't have been on the pitch.

But our defence did handle him, with the exception of one breakaway, when we should arguably have had a foul, seconds before. Gooch brought him down then they scored through a player who (again, arguably) isn't have been on the pitch.
So they didn’t handle him then?! He was major reason QPR got result today. Personally I thought he was brilliant.

Looked canny but he started to perform against a tired team late on.

Out substitutions were late I thought. Though he didnt have much to hoy on.

But our defence did handle him, with the exception of one breakaway, when we should arguably have had a foul, seconds before. Gooch brought him down then they scored through a player who (again, arguably) shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Definitely should have been a free kick to us but the ref done what he did all day and gave us nothing other than nailed on free kicks whereas they were getting 50-50s and softer ones. These decisions eventually hurt us.

Last edited:
So they didn’t handle him then?! He was major reason QPR got result today. Personally I thought he was brilliant.

He was canny at turning and then turning again, then turning again and dropping his shoulder. Great run for the goal albeit as soon as he turned Neil should have brought him down. Other than that, all turning and no real end product.

Ignored his teammates to do another turn (a theme of his game) or drag back so if you like a player who is comfortable on the ball and pleasing to the eye, he probably looks good, however similar to my frustration with Roberts yesterday he seemed to hold onto it for far too long and try to beat far too many players.

Back