Two musts for survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know what you mean and I agree with what your saying to a certain extent. However, seeing our home performances this season and the lack of goals we've scored against these type of teams I can't see us scoring if they come and sit behind the ball to try and nick something on a set play (like they did at Southampton)

Johnson is our only player with any craft who can make something happen out of very little imo and Ki would bring some quality on the ball over Colback.

Aye, but we haven't played this line-up at home. Wickham up front with Borini and AJ - Giacc or even Mavrias to come off the bench if we need something a bit different to break teams down - and Vergini at RB. A few months ago I would have agreed about Ki, but he just doesn't seem to have the stomach for it these days.

For me we've got to stick with the same team.
Beat Cardiff on Sunday and I think the momentum we'll have will ensure at least a point at Old Trafford.
I think WBA will survive fairly comfortably and the potential fly in the ointment is Fulham. Their game at Stoke could be key as I could see them beating both Hull and Palace at home.

only team talk should be, " you have been pathetic all season, apart from when you's played the mags, but now you have a chance of redemption, all out attack, go for it, no slcking, no meekness and leave nothing behind"

But 3 need to be against cardiff to peg them back.
The scenarios that I posted take that into account. Of course if the 3 points from 7 (that i think that we need) were from the Cardiff match then it would be preferable - but not essential if Cardiff failed to get 4 points from their other 2 games after ours.

I believe we are no better or worse than Cardiff or WBA

We need
to keep 11 men on the park (are you listening Cattermole )
the help of the referee -unfortunately they have so much bearing on the result.

There is so much at stake you can bet your life the refs will bottle it.

Rabbits foot at the ready
Cattermole doesn't get sent off that much these days mate. I'd aim that at Wes brown if I were you

My Heart says: A win on Sunday would prove we CAN beat the shite teams at home. It will keep the momentum going and very possibly lift us out of the bottom 3.

Cardiff will be gone in my opinion.
I seriously can't see Norwich getting any more than 1-3 points from their remaining games.

It will be between us and Fulham...... and if we keep up the momentum with a win against Cardiff then I would fancy us to finish off the job.

My Head says: You have supported Sunderland for more than 30 years and you havent learnt a thing!

I believe we are no better or worse than Cardiff or WBA

We need
to keep 11 men on the park (are you listening Cattermole )
the help of the referee -unfortunately they have so much bearing on the result.

There is so much at stake you can bet your life the refs will bottle it.

Rabbits foot at the ready
A clean sheet would be a good third!

only team talk should be, " you have been pathetic all season, apart from when you's played the mags, but now you have a chance of redemption, all out attack, go for it, no slcking, no meekness and leave nothing behind"
Were they pathetic on Saturday like or last Wednesday??

This weekend will go a long way in deciding where the momentum is in the relegation stakes. West Brom win and they are looking safe to me. Norwich look certainties for the drop. Us and Cardiff will be fighting it out for a place which may well benefit Fulham if we both draw and Fulham win. If we beat Cardiff and Fulham Don't win, we'll be in the box seat. It'll be a hell of a weekend.

So you think 7 points may not be enough even though you have doubts about Cardiff and Norwich getting any more points!?!

we need to finish above three teams remember?

A really long shot, but..if we win all 3 home games and draw at OT we CANNOT be relegated, mathematically. (Unless Fulham win all 3 games 8-0 mind :) )

i'm not arguing we can't get out of trouble, but seriously, we will need to play better & more consistent than we have all season and i just haven't seen anything in this side or from this manager to tell me that when the shit hits the fan and we need to stand up and be counted that we will do that.

Bookies have it about right:
To go down:
Cardiff 1/6
Norwich 2/9
Fulham 8/15
Sunderland 10/11
WBA 5/1
Villa 14/1
Hull 33/1

Only 4 teams now in it with one to survive. Bookies think we are the most likely and I agree.

7 points will do it. Two wins and a draw from the home games and it does not matter which ones. A draw v Cardiff would just mean we have to win the last two.

For us to go down with 36 points, Fulham would need 7 points from Hull (H), Stoke (A) and Palace (H). Not impossible but I think unlikely. Maybe we can pick up a point at Man Utd then Fulham would need to win all 3.

Having said all that - we still have to win two of these home games against fellow strugglers. The good news is that Cardiff cannot afford to play for a draw!

Bookies have it about right:
To go down:
Cardiff 1/6
Norwich 2/9
Fulham 8/15
Sunderland 10/11
WBA 5/1
Villa 14/1
Hull 33/1

Only 4 teams now in it with one to survive. Bookies think we are the most likely and I agree.

7 points will do it. Two wins and a draw from the home games and it does not matter which ones. A draw v Cardiff would just mean we have to win the last two.

For us to go down with 36 points, Fulham would need 7 points from Hull (H), Stoke (A) and Palace (H). Not impossible but I think unlikely. Maybe we can pick up a point at Man Utd then Fulham would need to win all 3.

Having said all that - we still have to win two of these home games against fellow strugglers. The good news is that Cardiff cannot afford to play for a draw!

They're under priced to stay up imo, as you pointed out looking at their fixtures they have every chance of staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back