Two musts for survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tropical mackem

I believe we are no better or worse than Cardiff or WBA

We need
to keep 11 men on the park (are you listening Cattermole )
the help of the referee -unfortunately they have so much bearing on the result.

There is so much at stake you can bet your life the refs will bottle it.

Rabbits foot at the ready

We need

7 points from 4 games would nail it.

A bit of luck, nothing ridiculous (red cards or OGs) and clinical attacking play. All of which haven't been present in many of our fixtures.

If there's one must for survival thats it.

As long as we turn up and play we'll be in with a shout, but it's going to be very tight and ultimately I reckon it'll be which way the marginal incidents / decisions go which will decide things.

7 points from 4 games would nail it.

not so sure, looking at the other team's fixtures 7 points may not be enough. if we do the business cardiff & norwich could easily not get any more points this season. WBA and fulham however have winnable games left anarl. i just cannit see it unfortunatly

If there's one must for survival thats it.

As long as we turn up and play we'll be in with a shout, but it's going to be very tight and ultimately I reckon it'll be which way the marginal incidents / decisions go which will decide things.[/QUOs

not so sure, looking at the other team's fixtures 7 points may not be enough. if we do the business cardiff & norwich could easily not get any more points this season. WBA and fulham however have winnable games left anarl. i just cannit see it unfortunatly
So you think 7 points may not be enough even though you have doubts about Cardiff and Norwich getting any more points!?!

WBA have us, and Arsenal away. That leaves 2 games for them to get points from (assuming we do our job and beat them). That would mean they would possibly need to win both of their other 2 in order to finish above us.

Fulham have 1 point more than us, and an absolutely disturbing GD. Even if they win 2 of their last 3, as long as we get to our target of 36 we'll finish above them. Unless they make up an 18 goal deficit in their 2 wins.

A really long shot, but..if we win all 3 home games and draw at OT we CANNOT be relegated, mathematically. (Unless Fulham win all 3 games 8-0 mind :) )

Last edited:
Spot on.
Look at all the "ball hitting the hand" situations over the weekend. Relegation will be decided by the refs.

not so sure, looking at the other team's fixtures 7 points may not be enough. if we do the business cardiff & norwich could easily not get any more points this season. WBA and fulham however have winnable games left anarl. i just cannot see it unfortunatly

Arsenal and Us.....HHHmmmmm if they lose to West Ham it's 3 pts left only to play for after losing to us and Arsenal. That puts us with wins against (Cardiff and WBA) winning at Man Utd or Swansea to beat them (WBA) on 36 pts if Fulham get hot and win 3 games or two draws (Man Utd & Swansea).

Spot on.
Look at all the "ball hitting the hand" situations over the weekend. Relegation will be decided by the refs.

I just think it's going to be so tight, tense and frantic at times, there are going to be some big appeals and contentious decisions going on.

Look at our last three games, the og v Everton was unlucky, the Vito rick was very unlucky - where would we be if those two incidents had not happened? Similarly, we got the pen on Saturday, now where would we be without that?

That's what I think but 3 of the 7 must come on Saturday imo.
If we got 7 points but lost to Cardiff then 2 of the following scenarios would need to happen for us to be relegated:-

1.Cardiff would still need to get 4 points from their remaining 2 games,

2. Fulham would need to win 2 and draw 1 of their remaining 3 games,

3. Norwich would need to get 5 points from their 3 games against top sides.

4. WBA would need to get 3 points from their remaining games.

Yes, it would be preferable if we beat Cardiff but its not a must win.........................

Because we always lose 'must wins'..

Last edited:

We need

This - it's what I fear most. I posted something similar the other day.

But it's not just Catts: Brown, Alonzo have seen red.

Johnson (Chelsea), and Larsson earlier in the season could have been off, had the refs interpreted things differently.

Weve blew it against villa and hull after good results already this season because of shite mistakes.

We can't do it a 3rd time...surely?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back