Trades Descriptions Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it was '69 - I'll check.

Nope. 1971.

Also this is a nice site for a bit of history re: footy annuals ( seems like "Soccer Annual" was used regularly but not as much as "Football Annual").

http://www.goalsandwickets.co.uk/fo...-of-football-annuals-part-3-the-boys-annuals/
1971 - I was bought this for my xmas my my grandmother who loved Georgie Best. Its long since disappeared from my parents house. Shame where these things go to ie the bin probably, when my mother (RIP) probably unknonw to me tidied up my room and decided that certain things were to be dispensed with!

Football, soccer...passie the round thingy. I couldn't give a shit what anyone calls it if only we could be a bit better at it
Footy does for me. I've given up hope of us ever being decent as we've been mostly shite all my adult life of nearly fifty years. I envy my Dad he saw them be runners up then win the First division and then win the cup the year after!

Surely there are more serious offenses to consider.

If Jozy Altidore signed a contract and it described him in any paragraph as a professional footballer then that has to be fraud and a criminal offense

1971 - I was bought this for my xmas my my grandmother who loved Georgie Best. Its long since disappeared from my parents house. Shame where these things go to ie the bin probably, when my mother (RIP) probably unknonw to me tidied up my room and decided that certain things were to be dispensed with!

I'd just started going to games with Dad and Granda in '78 and vividly remember going to Pensher Primary bonny night fair. Went home with a stack of these from 60s and 70s and loved learning about the game and it's heros. Your mam and mine must have been of the same ilk. Thanks for the memory.

To stop any litigation by the club he could just do the decent thing and donate some of his salary (review board to determine) to worthy local causes and perhaps made to do other
charity work not football related of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back