Top 3 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also lack of effort. He seems like a player who needs to be motivated by a manager. He's probably more trouble than he's worth. But it'd be class to sign him.

I'm not all that worried about 'mental state', attitude or what not. I think if you have a good chemistry between a manager and striker that's a non-issue. However I think most clubs that are in the PL zone that is 5th - 16th place, have to consider the economical side of signing such players. We have already gone through season after season after season of selling our best players (Ash, Milner, Barry) and rebalancing the books after the MON era. To have a healthy club you need to build with a healthy salary system, and continuing that I guess people have different ways of going about it.
I personally feel the best way to creating a great team that can compete with the money of the CL teams, and actually win some trophies, is to have a solid English core, and whether you get them from the academy or lower divisions is kinda irrelevant. Then you just build slowly. Then again I'm kinda obsessed with continuity, and love signing lower league prospects. Guess it's connected to me being a tightwad lol.

Why does Borini keep getting mentioned? I hope his boat has sailed, why are we looking at players in uk? surely if Dick takes the job he will have a network of contacts on the continent, Holland and Belgium in particular there are some very good technical players both there and eastern Europe, Croatia Bosnia etc young hungry players who want a chance to shine over here. Cannot be any worse than the dross we have signed over here every close season.

Jonjo Shelvey 14m
Jonny Evans 9m
Seb Coates 3m
Santiago Vergini free
Micah Richards free
Aaron Lennon 7.5m
Rafael van der Vaart free
Rickie Lambert 4m

Top 8. I've played champ man and all this is possible!

I hope by 4m you mean 4 mangos? 4 f***ing million for a guy that can't even spell goal, let alone find it at the moment. Would still take him, but no where near 4 million.

Looking through the fantasy football list of players (scientific method I know) I've come up with the following list of IMO realistic targets:

Kieran Trippier
Andre Wisdom
James Chester
Geoff Cameron
Sebastien Coates
Micah Richards

Ki Sung-Yeung (if Swansea get someone else in maybe?)
George Boyd
Leroy Fer
Steven N'Zonzi
Jason Puncheon
Nathan Dyer
Matt Phillips
Ryan Mason (if Spurs spend big on another midfielder possibly?)
Robbie Brady
Adnan Januzaj (loan)
Eljero Elia
Aiden McGeady
Andros Townsend
Christian Atsu

Danny Ings (probably will have better offers)
Steven Naismith
Shane Long
Fabio Borini (I know, I know)

Obviously that's just Premiership players - there's bound to be loads more good Championship/foreign-based targets.

Borini can fuck right off after his last minute shenanigans

All the time he was here he only ever spoke about how he'd 'be getting back into the Liverpool first team'

Fuck him

He needs to mature

Borini can fuck right off after his last minute shenanigans

All the time he was here he only ever spoke about how he'd 'be getting back into the Liverpool first team'

Fuck him

He needs to mature
This season has probably been a reality check, he'll be back with his tail between his legs. If we are sticking with 4-3-3 he'd be ideal.

The wheels will come off again and Leicester will struggle next season, I'm sure most of your fans will agree that next season will be another relegation battle

If we sign Huth I think we'll finish about 12th.

I'd like to think we can at least be better than the three promoted clubs and the quality in the bottom half of the PL isn't that great.

If we sign Huth I think we'll finish about 12th.

I'd like to think we can at least be better than the three promoted clubs and the quality in the bottom half of the PL isn't that great.
It's not impossible but let's face it, for the vast majority of the season Leicester were rock bottom so saying you could finish 12th next year seems a stretch to me. Fair play a good run shot you up the table but for the most part they were the worst team in the league

It's not impossible but let's face it, for the vast majority of the season Leicester were rock bottom so saying you could finish 12th next year seems a stretch to me. Fair play a good run shot you up the table but for the most part they were the worst team in the league

We've been relegated before with Brian Little, Peter Taylor & Micky Adams when we were the worst team in the league and I had no faith in us staying up because we lacked any real quality.

I always had some faith in us staying up this season because we were never that bad. We didn't beat the top teams to stay up but we did beat the teams in the bottom 14. At home we trounced these teams and won rather easily. Looking at what's in the PL now I'd be disappointed if we couldn't finish above:

Bournemouth
Watford
Middlesbrough/Norwich
Hull/Newcastle
Sunderland
West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back