Top 3 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need a goal scorer what ever money we have should be geared to that end.

I can see Fletcher and Graham both get replaced. Maybe even Wickham.

If we spend big id replace them all. Push the boat out for once surely with all this money coming in its time to do so.

Evans, Adebayor and Dembele.

Dembele for me is a must this summer to go alongside Catts and Seb in the midfield. Excellent dribbler, can take players on and chip in with goals.

Adebayor is a proven goalscorer at this level and probably wouldn't come like but then again I thought Jermain Defoe would never entertain us and we friggin swapped him for Jozy Altidore!!

And Johnny Evans I'd love back at the club.

Anyone else got a top 3 for this summer?

I'd take Evans, No thanks on the other two, I think Villa may take a punt on Adebayor if Benteke leaves, ability is not.in question, application definitely is. Dembele is a conundrum, has ability but is unable to get in a bang average Spurs midfield ahead of the likes of Mason.

Dembele for me is a must this summer to go alongside Catts and Seb in the midfield. Excellent dribbler, can take players on and chip in with goals.

Adebayor is a proven goalscorer at this level and probably wouldn't come like but then again I thought Jermain Defoe would never entertain us and we friggin swapped him for Jozy Altidore!!

Get yersel a new SMB ID marra. Theres no way back from this.

Adebayor?????????

You have to be kidding man?

This.

Might as well bring Altidore back ffs

Build from the back...

Coates for 3m and Evans for around 7m (as reported in media being linked to Everton) and Micah Richards on a free. 10m and defence sorted with players who can be around for a good few years. Thats my 3 and hopefully we can then move on to midfield and Dembele is a very good shout for me.

Excellent suggestions I agree

2 shit stirrers in that list, decent players, but not good for the team imo.

If Dick stays I'd imagine we could lure a slightly better class of player...
A bid for Dzeko, Agbonlahor? Kind of level....I don't think it's impossible....it's early, I'm probably dreaming still..
If i could have any player in the world outside the galacticos it would be Dzeko. He is goals garunteed in a side that badly needs them . In the box, edge if the box, head and either foot. Break the bank if he would come.

This (or at least someone similar and a bit younger) - a couple of dutch internationals who will come because of Dick - he will have sway that previous managers never did.

I think that there may be some mileage in this line of thought and there are some good young Netherlands internationals who would probably jump at the chance of playing for a team managed by a genuine national legend in the most lucrative league in the world. For example :-
Virgil van Dijk (Celtic) £11m
Karim Rekik (Man City) £2m
Marco van Ginkel (Chelsea) £5m
Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV) £8m
Leroy Fer (QPR) £5m
Luc Castaignos (Twente) £6m

I would also like to see us bring in some of the best young English talent, who might also relish the opportunity of playing for a top quality manager and his coaching set-up in the Premier League. For example :-
Sam Byram (Leeds) £4m
Tyrone Mings (Ipswich) £4m
Luke Garbutt (Everton) £3m*
Danny Ings (Burnley) £10m
Will Hughes (Derby) £5m
Louis Reed (Sheff Utd) £3m

If we off-set the fees that could probably be re-couped for the likes of Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Buckley, Fletcher, Graham and Mavrias, then the overall cost would be within a reasonable transfer budget.

I am conscious of the thread title and so my three top targets are those in bold

I think that there may be some mileage in this line of thought and there are some good young Netherlands internationals who would probably jump at the chance of playing for a team managed by a genuine national legend in the most lucrative league in the world. For example :-
Virgil van Dijk (Celtic) £11m
Karim Rekik (Man City) £2m
Marco van Ginkel (Chelsea) £5m
Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV) £8m
Leroy Fer (QPR) £5m
Luc Castaignos (Twente) £6m

I would also like to see us bring in some of the best young English talent, who might also relish the opportunity of playing for a top quality manager and his coaching set-up in the Premier League. For example :-
Sam Byram (Leeds) £4m
Tyrone Mings (Ipswich) £4m
Luke Garbutt (Everton) £3m*
Danny Ings (Burnley) £10m
Will Hughes (Derby) £5m
Louis Reed (Sheff Utd) £3m

If we off-set the fees that could probably be re-couped for the likes of Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Buckley, Fletcher, Graham and Mavrias, then the overall cost would be within a reasonable transfer budget.

I am conscious of the thread title and so my three top targets are those in bold
Ings is a free iirc.

I'd like us to be in for Jamie Vardy, I know he's flavour of the month so would cost a fair bit. But, he has great work rate, pace and I think he would compliment Defoe quite well.

I'd only take Adebayor if it's for a knock down price otherwise no chance he is past it now and need a younger squad. I'd take Evans and Van Dijk to ease the defence and then think about looking for a serious playmaker or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back