Too Many Loan Signings

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperation breeds short term fixes and we are always desperate after a few games into a season.

Same reason why it is so hard to blood fresh young talent..we never have the time cos we are so desperate to find a win, any win.

Therefore we repeat.

How can a side develop a good team spirit with so many temporary loan signings? The answer is you cant.You would have thought the SAFC hierarchy would have learnt that by now.

.. why didn't you just say 'You can't develop a good team spirit with so may temporary loan signings' ..

How can a side develop a good team spirit with so many temporary loan signings? The answer is you cant.You would have thought the SAFC hierarchy would have learnt that by now.
Less than 24 hours from the transfer deadline some spenk finds something new to bitch on about!

Not a big fan of them myself but I can see why it's necessary for us to go down this route and we will continue to do so for a few transfer windows yet.

Johnson
Fletcher
Mannone
Graham
Roberge
Mavrias
Brown
Watmore

Larsson
Gomez
Bridcutt
Buckley
Giaccherini
Vergini
O'Shea

@Cockney Mackem provided this list on another thread but these players have contracts expiring in the next two years and most are certainly not adding to our team spirit

only Sunderland team to finish in the top ten over the last ten years had 5 or 6 loan signings in the squad and the only Sunderland side to get to a cup final in 20 years had about 7 or 8 loan signings in the squad.

I say fill the team with loan signings, as generally they're better than permanent ones.

3 loans, 1 of them with the option to buy. Man up.
We'll also buy toivonen imo. Let's face it, Rennes don't want him and if he does ok, which I think he will, and we stay up, which is now very achievable, we'll snap him up for about 3m i reckon. Very good player for the 45 mins I've seen of him, very impressive

Aye wish we didn't have Welbeck, Rose, Alonso, M'Vila, Mensah, Vergini, Bendtner, Ki
We haven't.

We'll also buy toivonen imo. Let's face it, Rennes don't want him and if he does ok, which I think he will, and we stay up, which is now very achievable, we'll snap him up for about 3m i reckon. Very good player for the 45 mins I've seen of him, very impressive
Why do Rennes not want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back