Tomorrow's elections....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alfred

Striker
What do we reckon.....a chance to vote on "Jezza's" performance......Cameron leading the "remainers"....or just an opportunity to get decent local councillors and mayors.

Only voting for the Police Commissioner here.

The Liberal Democrat candidate wants to be voted in so he can campaign to abolish the PCC role :eek:

Only voting for the Police Commissioner here.

The Liberal Democrat candidate wants to be voted in so he can campaign to abolish the PCC role :eek:
wish he had stood in my area :lol:
voted last week with postal vote but not really much to vote for.
Lost our best local councillor 4 or so years ago because he was the wrong party!
whinged on at missus and our 2 daughters to vote for yonks as so many fought for the right! missus finally gone postal so has voted and hope the girls found the time or reason!

Local elections are noted for it though. UKIP always have their best results when it doesn't matter.
erm what if that candidate was the best person to represent the area they stood for? Good and bad in all parties but you would hope they can make a difference at home
Plenty local councillors and even MP`s for that matter could be a cardboard cut out and still get elected

Last edited:
wish he had stood in my area :lol:
voted last week with postal vote but not really much to vote for.
Lost our best local councillor 4 or so years ago because he was the wrong party!
whinged on at missus and our 2 daughters to vote for yonks as so many fought for the right! missus finally gone postal so has voted and hope the girls found the time or reason!

erm what if that candidate was the best person to represent the area they stood for? Good and bad in all parties but you would hope they can make a difference at home
Plenty local councillors and even MP`s for that matter could be a cardboard cut out and still get elected
You've tipped her over the edge man! :)

Anyone voting on anything but the latter is a bit daft imo

Not necessarily. Plenty of people simply don't know enough about the competencies of local candidates to make a well informed choice so often simply vote along party lines.

Also, it's one of the few opportunities for the electorate to send a message to the current government as to how they think they are peforming. This can bring about a change in attitude. This is the main reason why, despite my lack of confidence in Corbyn, I hope Labour win big today.

For the first time in my life, I will not be voting. Firstly and most prominently because I'm not in the UK and secondly because I refuse to endorse any of the political parties leaders for the time being.

Saying that, I do believe as @Boris Bear outlined, Sunderland City Council have done a cracking job over the past couple of years in starting to turn the city around and he made a very rationally minded case to vote for them which trascends the "I've always voted Labour" tribalism. However, regardless of whether or not I vote, it will be the same result anyway.

I thus endorse Sunderland City Council on the merits of local politics, but I do not endorse Jeremy Corbyn's leadership.

I got a labour glossy though the door telling to vote for my local councillor however there wasn't one thing in it about local issues...just lets beat the conservatives...however tbd I've had buggy all else though my door from any other party..

For the first time in my life, I will not be voting. Firstly and most prominently because I'm not in the UK and secondly because I refuse to endorse any of the political parties leaders for the time being.

Saying that, I do believe as @Boris Bear outlined, Sunderland City Council have done a cracking job over the past couple of years in starting to turn the city around and he made a very rationally minded case to vote for them which trascends the "I've always voted Labour" tribalism. However, regardless of whether or not I vote, it will be the same result anyway.

I thus endorse Sunderland City Council on the merits of local politics, but I do not endorse Jeremy Corbyn's leadership.
I've always voted labour but until now my ward has always been conservative. I'm given to believe that Labour have a chance this time around so fingers crossed.

I do believe this is more about having characters who can deliver locally and so my vote is not about party politics.....it's more about the fact that the local tories are 80 year old mean spirited NIMBYs......I do actually like Lee Martin and think he would be a good leader should he ever manage to get into power anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back