Tight fisted Ellis Short the owner who doesn't care or back our Managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wouldn't surprise me if we could have signed ndong for £10m but Short offered an extra £3m just to appease the fuckwits amongst our support.

'Eeee well he beat our transfer record so he must be a good owner, like!'

Tbf it would probably be better spent than the current shite we waste money on
He was being touted about for £5 mill last week apparantly.......

It's funny all the Short apologists have packed up for the night it seems...However I bet we'll see the " I'm the best sunlund fan in the world" Blah Blah Blah posts tomorrow :oops:

you have put butter and cheese on that sandwich, and then thought fuck it, i will chuck ham, and some garlic sauce in as well ;):lol:

Far too little. Can we see a free agent signing for cover up front given we are fucked if Defoe ends up injured.

The title of this thread by the OP has been shown to be true; we will never ever progress under Ellis Short

Well a lot of people said wait until the window is over before you judge. Its over now and I would imagine the judgement is not so good. On the plus side I think Moyes will coach our players to a good standard, one that is not going to struggle to the exact last match of the season, but Short could have actually given him a better helping hand.

Well a lot of people said wait until the window is over before you judge. Its over now and I would imagine the judgement is not so good. On the plus side I think Moyes will coach our players to a good standard, one that is not going to struggle to the exact last match of the season, but Short could have actually given him a better helping hand.
He can be a world class coach but as injuries have already taken their toll and if others become injured we will struggle. The squad is paper thin and we havent got out of August yet.

Regardless

Our fans put more than 13 million into the club per season. My point was simply that the record fee he has paid will be covered by those attending matches and those paying their money to sit at home watching on Sky.

If Ellis looked at the club as anything other than a business we would not be paying money back to him with interest payments on top. Do I blame him - no we have pissed money up the wall for years and there are no guarantees that spending big will bring success so why should he waive his right to a return on his investment. I wish our deal with Short was different though.

The cost of our tickets are no less than other clubs fighting down at the bottom like us. The difference is we have more fans paying for them.

Fair enough mate , still think we are better off with him than without him . Although I have followed the club for 60 years, I would have difficulty if we fell into Chinese hands for instance.

I'm still waiting to land. Can't quite believe how far I've been blown out the water, think it must have dried up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back