this progress that Poyet alludes to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but do they really think the Gus Poyet interviewed after the Spurs or Everton games was the person responsible for motivating the players to go out and do the miracle by winning those next 4 matches? Before losing the last one at home again?

I also think that a lot of players were inspired by our League Cup progress last season, and feel it certainly contributed to the miracle.

our football has been far from good
I enjoy watching it (most of the time) if we had won 1-0 on sat everyone would of been raving about the performance, iv seen usmake some good runs in the final third but not found the pass and we've missed some decent chances but I believe that will come, I can't understand how anyone can complain too much about how we play after watching some of the shit over the last however many years!

We've been close to it for years now, but never actually get there.
Totally agree but i have more confidence in gus than I have ever had in a safc manager that includes his coaching philosophy tactics how he conducts himself, he could be the best thing sunderlands ever had in my lifetime however I have to admit i also said if oniel didn't bring us any success no one would!!!

I enjoy watching it (most of the time) if we had won 1-0 on sat everyone would of been raving about the performance, iv seen usmake some good runs in the final third but not found the pass and we've missed some decent chances but I believe that will come, I can't understand how anyone can complain too much about how we play after watching some of the shit over the last however many years!
I maybe missing the point but how can anyone enjoy the shit we served up especially at burnley and qpr

I can, i think we're playing much better football, wish it was a little bit quicker at times, and we were by far the better side yesterday and we're very unlucky, and I think we're very very close to having a good exciting side to watch which I personally have not seen since the peter Reid era!
Yes and no! Yes compared to the majority of last season and early part of the season then later on when we lost our way after beating the mags. Though to be honest it is not a patch on the finish we had to last season when after being demolished by Spurs and looking down and out after the Everton home defeat etc. the footy played thereafter was much, much improved and indeed at timed verged on sexy?

Man City, Chelsea and Man U were a blast. Our passing and movement was not only accurate, but thoughtful and very slick at times - yes with great movement. WBA and Cardiff couldn't live with it or us at home either.

I had hoped that would be where we began this season as we largely had the same personnel to do so, but for whatever reason it is proving a little different than hoped.

As did most people mate. I expected to be given a complete football lesson being honest, I was surprised how easy we nullified them.
Agree with everyone who said this but to me it became apparent that Swansea were a very ordinary side and there for the taking. In fact they were poor. Not sure I saw anything in their game which should have worried us tbh. It's a game we could and should have taken all the points.

Depends on what progress is, if you're happy not winning football matches but not losing many then I suppose it is for some.

If someone said before the season started that we wouldn't win a game in the first six matches, no one would be happy with that, if they said we'd only have lost one out of 6 then I suppose no one could've grumbled.

That is the position we are in, is it progress, well it is from last season but not from the season before.

As you have said, it took a miracle to keep us up last season, so do we think miracles can happen twice ?
Look, its early in the season yet and many stronger sides are struggling, look at Liverpool and Everton.
Do we think really think we will finish just below them? Unlikely.
The question being asked is have we seen improvement , and to be honest its hard to find it other than the -1 goal difference.
The major concern is our obvious lack of goal scoring threat, one which has been obvious for so long , yet we have again failed to address.
You have to win games and score goals in the Premiership to stay in the league , both areas we are sadly lacking in.
Aye? Remind me of our goal difference at the end of last season...

Play more organised football on the deck so yes it's plain to see.

Difficult to make much progress when three of your better players leave in the summer, then a few more squad regulars, which in most cases you have no control of. There is progress being made, but not massive steps and there needs to be a lot more, a lot depends on how the new signings settle in and progress and at the moment that's looking a bit mixed.

i agree , we looked half decent , hoy Mandron up front nothing to lose

Backward step imo, he'll be a lower league striker at best.

Quicken up our delivery into the box and deliver a few crosses as we tried against Swansea and it makes an impossible task for the strikers that bit easier. A few more games like that and one or two will hit the target. Revert back to passing it around whilst everyone is marked in a tight penalty area and trying to then play the perfect pass will result in mostly nowt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back