This passing philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morny

Striker
Big fan of Poyet and I loved the style of play he tried having us play last season, knocking the ball about and passing it to create chances.

But what the fuck has happened this season? As far as I can see, this 'passing philosophy'involves our defenders knocking it around our own half laxadaisy before we launch an angle pass at Wickham, and watch the ball come back.

It seems a bit of a mish-mash at the minute, very throw it all together and hope something sticks; similar to how we were at times under Bruce, except with much poorer players.

Again, not screaming Poyet Out or slating him, but it is a concern for me.

Big fan of Poyet and I loved the style of play he tried having us play last season, knocking the ball about and passing it to create chances.

But what the fuck has happened this season? As far as I can see, this 'passing philosophy'involves our defenders knocking it around our own half laxadaisy before we launch an angle pass at Wickham, and watch the ball come back.

It seems a bit of a mish-mash at the minute, very throw it all together and hope something sticks; similar to how we were at times under Bruce, except with much poorer players.

:eek:

To have this philosophy first of all you have to have players comfortable on the ball

We looked the same for the best part of last season. Have people forgotten Gus stood on the touchline looking like little boy lost?

I know we weren't perfect, but there were some games it really, really worked well for us, especially early in his reign. Our performance at St James was superb, as it was at Fulham. Even in games like Southampton, Man City and Cardiff, where we didn't win and were under the cosh quite a bit, I think when we actually had the ball you could see an identity and knocking it about.

Now I see nothing.

I know we weren't perfect, but there were some games it really, really worked well for us, especially early in his reign. Our performance at St James was superb, as it was at Fulham. Even in games like Southampton, Man City and Cardiff, where we didn't win and were under the cosh quite a bit, I think when we actually had the ball you could see an identity and knocking it about.

Now I see nothing.
We miss our loan players from last year who could pass and move.

Could do with a player who can hold the ball and create in midfield...that fella ki from Swansea looks good...

hes working it from back to front wes, jos and vito have got it sussed, next week the fullbacks will be joining in.

Now I see nothing.

Best fasten the seatbelts. ;)

Could do with a player who can hold the ball and create in midfield...that fella ki from Swansea looks good...

Heart the size of a pea.

Good idea. Liverpool have a player, too, who can play wide, hold the ball and create. Baroni, or something think he's called....

We tried to sign him. Maybe you missed it not sure it was mentioned much.
Oh, right. I do remember a thread or two a while back about some kid from Liverpool Gus said was coming. Nice coif he had, as I recall, the lad, not Gus, I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back