The Wickham sale isn't worth celebrating - there was nothing else to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOMBIES

Striker
Not including the lads who only just came here, we had like five players who were good enough to get a "big fee." Pantilimon and Cattermole - for us, almost irreplaceable. Van Aanholt - raw, but promising, and our only left back. Adam Johnson's good enough, but no one's buying someone who's facing a sex crimes trial.

Connor Wickham, who obviously isn't perfect, has still been our best striker over the last two years - but no one's interested in the rest of them. Fletcher's nowhere near a £9m player anymore, especially with his contract winding down. Graham is a mess. Jermain Defoe, I think other people are expecting a lot more than I am, but we'll see.

For whatever reason we needed the money from somewhere - people will blame Ellis Short for this but because of the way we've bought players our finances are awful. Wickham was the only choice. Jack Rodwell's the right age too, but he's a much worse player and he's our broken toy to fix. Emanuele Giaccherini got fat this summer, on top of everything else that was keeping him out of the team before.

Watch the fee be almost exactly enough to pay for one Ricky Alvarez, hobbling his way here this January.

I can't believe another premier league club would be willing to pay any fee for him and take on his wages tbh.

Our forwards have been shit for 4 years. If he was just a tiny bit good he'd have played as a central striker regularly during that time

T
Not including the lads who only just came here, we had like five players who were good enough to get a "big fee." Pantilimon and Cattermole - for us, almost irreplaceable. Van Aanholt - raw, but promising, and our only left back. Adam Johnson's good enough, but no one's buying someone who's facing a sex crimes trial.

Connor Wickham, who obviously isn't perfect, has still been our best striker over the last two years - but no one's interested in the rest of them. Fletcher's nowhere near a £9m player anymore, especially with his contract winding down. Graham is a mess. Jermain Defoe, I think other people are expecting a lot more than I am, but we'll see.

For whatever reason we needed the money from somewhere - people will blame Ellis Short for this but because of the way we've bought players our finances are awful. Wickham was the only choice. Jack Rodwell's the right age too, but he's a much worse player and he's our broken toy to fix. Emanuele Giaccherini got fat this summer, on top of everything else that was keeping him out of the team before.

Watch the fee be almost exactly enough to pay for one Ricky Alvarez, hobbling his way here this January.

The team coach has canny tyre's, it must be worth something

Our squad is weaker tonight than it was this morning. So let's not get too excited!

Let's see who we bring in before knocking one out over how good news this is (if we bring anyone in - we've sold better players than CW before and just not bothered to replace)

It's not like I'm furious that we sold Connor Wickham. I just don't understand why people seem thrilled about it when we're saddled with far worse and it was something we did out of necessity.

Nothing else to sell and then you name 3 others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back