The Watmore chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was being used as an outball before we started playing Big Vic it was frustrating when he'd run a thousand miles an hour and then lose the ball.

My opinion has always been that he's better as an impact sub at the minute but I think he showed on Saturday that he can be more than that and I would say it was probably his best game this season. He linked up well with Jones and made a lot of things happen because of his energy and directness, I think we're going to miss that.

I think he'd started to fade a bit before he was injured but that's understandable given the intensity he plays the game at.

Edit: Should have answered the op, I think we all agree that Defoe is a top class Striker and he miss hit a shot in the first half, it happens.

Three lads behind me slagged him off all afternoon. Their obsession with him pissed me off. Lad works his nut off and makes things happen through his running power and work rate. That should not be underestimated.
Runs his socks off and does a load of work that goes unnoticed, I think we might notice how important he is to us when we try to replace him in the coming games.

Where Defoe brought it down and laid it off for him... is there no footage of it about? Not in the MOTD highlights (nor was much else we did apart from the goals) and not in the SAFSEE highlights neither.
Aye heard we played really well first 30 minutes. Watched MOTD, nearly all Leicester.

Is there any highlights out there that were better than MOTD as they missed loads off. The first pen the booking for Pappy as well as how Wattas got injured

Anyone who can't see the positives he brings to the side should really concentrate on other sports as football clearly isn't for you.

Three lads behind me slagged him off all afternoon. Their obsession with him pissed me off. Lad works his nut off and makes things happen through his running power and work rate. That should not be underestimated.
You obviously don't have a clue if you reckon he is decent

Is there any highlights out there that were better than MOTD as they missed loads off. The first pen the booking for Pappy as well as how Wattas got injured

Go on SAFC.COM. The highlights are much better and you see how involved Watmore was in almost all of our moves. it doesnt show you the injury like.

I doubt we would of scored either of our goals had watmore not won the corner or been in the right position to shoot for Defoe to get the rebound , everyone's allowed an opinion but this constant criticism even when he's making things happen is absolutely baffling. It's almost not worth posting your opinion if it's just the same regurgitated stuff match after match .

Full of energy and pace, sometimes doesn't pay off but times like Saturday when his effort led to the goals, can't seriously criticise him. Another one who put himself about tirelessly again on Saturday was Ndong and I also thought Kone had a very good game (perhaps trying to generate renewed interest for the January window?) but if he's back to playing well and focussed I wouldn't want to lose him. Think we've got the makings of a very good team, as long as the likes of Rodders and Januzaj stay off the pitch

The lad is a shocking excuse for a footballer like
Look at me , I'm an obnoxious prick and want to be noticed

Just lacks a lot of composure but without the ball he is terrific
If you don't goto matches I can maybe see why people don't rate him, as they see generally lots of good stuff followed by a poor decision from him.
However if you goto matches its plain to see that he is our most energetic player by far, makes the most runs off the ball, creates lots of space for other players and generally gives defenders a long afternoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back