1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sun newspaper

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Masterplan, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

As do you. :evil:

2. Uncle Nucky

Uncle Nucky New Member

I'm sure some of the foreign media are as bad.

The difference is no one gives a fuck about them.

3. Wise Man Says

Wise Man Says Striker

I agree but the underlying press agenda is clear and people will turn on Hodgson if we struggle this summer. The press are just waiting to absolutely crucify him and the sheep will go along with it if results aren't good.

4. Sorry I didn't mean it in that way. I have absolutly no hard feelings towards England.

Yea fair comment. A lot of things the English media say does get blown out of proportion.

5. Uncle Nucky

Uncle Nucky New Member

Someone made a very good point on TS today.

We have some of the best sports writers/journalists here in England but it's arseholes who know nothing about football and think up stupid front page headlines who grab the attention.

The thing is, the Sports section of the Sun was supportive of Hodgson today.

I wish these clowns who have an input into general stories and headlines would leave football alone and stick with Simon Cowell and other non sense.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. molthemackem

molthemackem Winger

Harry using his cheeky cockney charm to influence the Sun methinks....Just like the Murdochs and New international

SCUM OF THE EARTH

7. MoreSouthAmericans

MoreSouthAmericans New Member

everybody else is doing it is not an excuse

8. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Striker

If 'arry had anything about him he'd tell the Sun to get fucked, and not be a columnist for them anymore.

9. Wise Man Says

Wise Man Says Striker

IIRC, the Sun were the paper who accompanied the police during the dawn raid on Redknapp's house which Redknapp says so upset him and his wife.

And yet he still has a column in the paper. :confused:

10. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Striker

Says it all.:roll:

11. Wise Man Says

Wise Man Says Striker

It's bizarre. Could they have some dirt on him which is why he still co-operates with them?

IIRC, he said at his trial that he hadn't been paid off them for the columns for ages.

It's all a bit odd.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Central Defender

legends doing it now on the radio

13. MalcolmX

MalcolmX Winger

heard a bit in the car on way home- even when someone complained they still continued it
    bunch of bellends all 3 of them

14. AC Mack

AC Mack Striker

8/10 of The Sun readers said Hodgson was the wrong choice.

49% in the Telegraph, 37% in the Guardian.

Does anybody think there's some sort of gulf in preferring Hodgson over Redknapp, or vise versa? Perhaps not quite a class gulf, but something along those lines.

15. Cyrus

Cyrus Central Defender

now they legends say they were just taking the heat out of the situation, by taking the piss out of Roy

16. cluffy

cluffy Striker

The tabs are fecked off because they've been shown up to not have a clue

17. admwil

admwil Winger

18. The reason I haven't bought The Sun for a good few years thy are complete twats the sports journalists.

The last time I bought it was when England beat Wales when Beckham and Owen played it was the game Beckham got booked and missed a game in Moldova iirc. Anyhow a I think it was tht Howard bloke gaan mental saying Becks and Owen were a disgrace played Played awful could t be arsed that sort of thing against Wales. Owen scored the winner in Moldova whilst Beckham was at home Howard continued his tirade against Beckham and declared Owen a hero, stopped buying the paper then.

19. :confused: what? not a clue what this is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.