The sheepfolds last neet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

On a side issue, I was told by a taxi driver last week that the club were buying up all the properties around there, including the Audi garage, with a view to developing the area with bars, shops etc. I haven't heard anything about this so wondered whether this was right or not. I'd be surprised if such big plans had been kept secret but would be fantastic if true.

Not necessarily because it could have a major impact on small local businesses - the pubs, food outlets which probably get a canny bit of trade on a matchday. Especially if they use the same caterers - bland choices & quality at high prices

I'm sure the club considered buying their own catering trucks which would have replaced the folk who currently have permits. Good chance that would have sent a handful of traders out of business if it had happened.

It's weird but the police told the staff at the Victory to use plastic cups for drinks outside. Why does that apply to an England game and not a normal Sunlun game?

I kna the deaf club has this policy for Sunderland games

If you want a tab & your drink outside you got to use plastic glasses

being some one that parks on sheepfolds the council need to come up with somewhere to park if they are going to start closing roads. all of the old parking places are permit only now and there is not enough parking in the town center for all the cars who park at sheepfolds. this is going to be a sore subject for users of sheepfolds and for supporters on foot. but as we debate on here regularly not all safc supporters come across from the town. SOME drivers can piss supporters off as a driver i get pissed off by the fans that decide to walk across the crossing near the baths when the Red man is clearly shown it means dont cross. This will split opinions but there are two sides to everything.

But untill buses are better and the traffic is controlled better around the lead up to wessington way they will drag on

On a side issue, I was told by a taxi driver last week that the club were buying up all the properties around there, including the Audi garage, with a view to developing the area with bars, shops etc. I haven't heard anything about this so wondered whether this was right or not. I'd be surprised if such big plans had been kept secret but would be fantastic if true.
It's been screaming out for it for years. I was thinking more compulsory purchase orders for the whole estate then bars, restaurants and hotels.

being some one that parks on sheepfolds the council need to come up with somewhere to park if they are going to start closing roads. all of the old parking places are permit only now and there is not enough parking in the town center for all the cars who park at sheepfolds. this is going to be a sore subject for users of sheepfolds and for supporters on foot. but as we debate on here regularly not all safc supporters come across from the town. SOME drivers can piss supporters off as a driver i get pissed off by the fans that decide to walk across the crossing near the baths when the Red man is clearly shown it means dont cross. This will split opinions but there are two sides to everything.

But untill buses are better and the traffic is controlled better around the lead up to wessington way they will drag on
I always find a space nee bother whatsoever. Just need to know where the good spots are, which of course I'm not about to give away I'm not daft.

New Audi garage being built next to Benfield so when that's ready Audi will go.

Would you be happy with time restricted parking?

At Villa, you can park in the surrounding streets but they're closed off about 20 mins before kick off and remain closed until 20 minutes after the final whistle. Makes it safer for the bulk mass of people walking to and from the ground and seems a good solution without cutting down on parking spaces.

Would you be happy with time restricted parking?

At Villa, you can park in the surrounding streets but they're closed off about 20 mins before kick off and remain closed until 20 minutes after the final whistle. Makes it safer for the bulk mass of people walking to and from the ground and seems a good solution without cutting down on parking spaces.
Probably about the best solution but you would still have cars driving through the crowds and queuing in the road to be first to get out.

I know a lot of the parking at sheepfolds is taken by stewards etc parking so I don't think the club would want it shutting regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back