The sad truth is we are getting worse not better under Poyet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCB1998

Midfield
This is not a knee jerk. I would like a sensible discussion about whether it's Poyets fault that we have actually got worse week by week? If not who's is it.
We had a great spell playing some good stuff and were out of the bottom. 3. then hull happened. Gus has been here a long time now, lots of games, isn't his job to improve the players, add better players, and improve the fitness and tactics?
We don't actually seem to have got any better. We are actually worse now than we have ever been.

This is not a knee jerk. I would like a sensible discussion about whether it's Poyets fault that we have actually got worse week by week? If not who's is it.
We had a great spell playing some good stuff and were out of the bottom. 3. then hull happened. Gus has been here a long time now, lots of games, isn't his job to improve the players, add better players, and improve the fitness and tactics?
We don't actually seem to have got any better. We are actually worse now than we have ever been.
Agreed. It's like he picks the team on who had the best smelling dumps during the week before. We play and are dreadful then comes out and says they're shite, has sussed them out and then plays the same team the next week.

:rolleyes:

It seems to me like he has panicked and threw his tactics out of the window.

I think Altidore not coming good, Fletcher injured and a couple of bad results tipped him over the edge.

We need to go back to working on his style of play because I think it was starting to work for us in January and might work again.

I hope everyone is going to stop calling for Borini to play in the middle as well now, it's clear he was at least as effective playing on the left and his play is too selfish.

irreversible decline with these players. Too many rotten decision over the last 2 or 3 years in terms of hiring and firing of managers and the signing of really poor players. Bruce, O'Neill, Dicanio, Short, Byrne and Poyet have collectively made an utter mess. I would hold Gus least accountable purely because 95% of the shitness was done before his arrival.

He pans them one week and picks a slight re arrangement of the same turd the following week !!!! Isn't up to the task !
You can pollish a turd..........[DOUBLEPOST=1396909148][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think Altidore not coming good, Fletcher injured and a couple of bad results tipped him over the edge.

We need to go back to working on his style of play because I think it was starting to work for us in January and might work again.

I hope everyone is going to stop calling for Borini to play in the middle as well now, it's clear he was at least as effective playing on the left and his play is too selfish.
I actually agree with everything you've said there!

He lived off DiCanios fitness regime and now his has kicked in the players can barely manage an hour or even a sprint again. Days of late goals against Man Utd, Cardiff etc are long gone. As much a nugget Paolo is in his own right he predicted his regime would bare fruit in November onwards (which it did). Now most of the players just look unfit and slow again.

largely agree - in the first couple of months it was obvious that the players were under instruction to play some football (Ki's strength) and now that seems to have gone. I think he did put a lot of faith in Altidore and gave him an extended run which most players need. Shame Altidore wasn't able to repay his faith - hindsight is a wonderful thing but suspect he would have been better off giving Wickham that chance.

He pans them one week and picks a slight re arrangement of the same turd the following week !!!! Isn't up to the task !

What else can he do? Wholesale changes like at Hull? That worked well. I have disagreed with a lot of decisions but his hands are tied to a certain extent over who he picks.

Now that we are all but gone, I really would be tempted to ditch the loanees and soon to be bosmans and have a look at some young players. See if any of them have the mental fortitude or ability to step up next season

largely agree - in the first couple of months it was obvious that the players were under instruction to play some football (Ki's strength) and now that seems to have gone. I think he did put a lot of faith in Altidore and gave him an extended run which most players need. Shame Altidore wasn't able to repay his faith - hindsight is a wonderful thing but suspect he would have been better off giving Wickham that chance.

I'm not sure Whickam would have done any better and I think he is another one who would be too selfish. To give Jozy credit at least when he knew he wasn't scoring he tried to lay passes off to team mates I think Whickam would just carry on shooting like Borini.

I'm not saying being greedy is a bad thing for a striker mind but only when they can score.

Capitulation after the new manager bounce factor is he really better than PDC who in fact only told the truth?
1-0 up tactics should have been to hold the lead
fed up of excuses

He lived off DiCanios fitness regime and now his has kicked in the players can barely manage an hour or even a sprint again. Days of late goals against Man Utd, Cardiff etc are long gone. As much a nugget Paolo is in his own right he predicted his regime would bare fruit in November onwards (which it did). Now most of the players just look unfit and slow again.
Have to agree with this. Its not a subject that has been aired much over these last few weeks, least of all by myself, but looking at it objectively now, it appears to make a lot of sense coupled with the fact that we are no longer keeping hold of the ball. In fact its back to MoN territory.

As it may not be obvious to many may I say I believe this would be true had we stuck with Di Canio. Sometimes a little pain is unavoidable. Oddly enough in a political sense we Brits love messages about swallowing the nasty medicine, different case in terms of our footballing likes.

w
a month ago was god we weren't getting worse then................

It is a total utter knee jerk..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back