The 'rotten to the core' thingy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's what we're doing....the club has poor leadership and is being mismanaged. If we're relegated the players will get the majority of shit and they should but Ellis Short is the one who should take full responsibility!

Clubs come up into the top division on the back of good promotions and have good seasons. It's always happened. Many of them fail to consolidate however. Ipswich. Promoted, finished 5th, next season relegated. Barely heard of since. Birmingham, promoted, top half finish, everyone on here wondering how they're ahead of us, next season relegated.

We've had the likes of Hull come up, bothering the top 4 in the early stages of the season. People on here upset 'cos we're not. We end up finishing above them as they narrowly avoid relegation. They went down the next.

Now I'd agree that we haven't done enough ourselves as a club to keep improving. But we can't let ourselves be distracted by teams being promoted and apparently 'passing us by', because given two or three seasons there's not many of them stay the course. Just look at the wonderful Swansea. They're not that far ahead of us, and it would be no surprise to me to see them in danger next season.

What you on about? Rotten does not mean lack of quality like. Try looking it up in the dictionary. Might go better than this thread.
Who bought these players, who hired the managers? If you enjoy watching the team battle relegation and feel it's all we deserve then you can fuck off as well

Clubs come up into the top division on the back of good promotions and have good seasons. It's always happened. Many of them fail to consolidate however. Ipswich. Promoted, finished 5th, next season relegated. Barely heard of since. Birmingham, promoted, top half finish, everyone on here wondering how they're ahead of us, next season relegated.

We've had the likes of Hull come up, bothering the top 4 in the early stages of the season. People on here upset 'cos we're not. We end up finishing above them as they narrowly avoid relegation. They went down the next.

Now I'd agree that we haven't done enough ourselves as a club to keep improving. But we can't let ourselves be distracted by teams being promoted and apparently 'passing us by', because given two or three seasons there's not many of them stay the course. Just look at the wonderful Swansea. They're not that far ahead of us, and it would be no surprise to me to see them in danger next season.
I just don't understand that way of thinking....our ambition should be top ten...anywhere from 11th to 17th should be deemed a failure!

Last edited:
Don't be a dick....

I understand what's happening, I don't understand why people are ok with it...especially management
I'm not. And I'm not. I'm just being pragmatic.

We've had a turbulent year, and have completely wasted a summer. I'm upset about where we are and where we could very well end up. But I'm not going to get upset about clubs apparently being ahead of us. It won't last for many of them.

Constantly selling your best players, even for healthy profits, and then not replacing them with players of the same quality probably has some impact.

Bent
Gyan
Henderson
Mig
Sess

The break up of Bruce's side was the start of the decline for me.

Then we could look at some of the loan players who've done well here but we've not signed.

Finally, changing managers once, or twice a season will not help at all.

What you on about? Rotten does not mean lack of quality like. Try looking it up in the dictionary. Might go better than this thread.

Rotten signifies we have attacking players backed with pace and quality who are not performing due to their attitude

That is a lie

We don't have enough quality in the squad

Our team is no better than west Brom

People like yourself refuse to accept that

Are you a Giac fan? He has quality to be creative, but lacks consistency in this league. Would you give him and extended run, or drop him?
Honest questions!

I'm not. And I'm not. I'm just being pragmatic.

We've had a turbulent year, and have completely wasted a summer. I'm upset about where we are and where we could very well end up. Buthttp://sevensistersroad.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/the-biggest-football-clubs-in-england-rankings/ I'm not going to get upset about clubs apparently being ahead of us. It won't last for many of them.

I'm upset because a club this size is underachieving enormously...we shouldn't even be considering promoted and relegated clubs....we should be focusing onvthe top ten teams only. It starts at the top, if he's gonna be an absentee chairman then get someone in who's gonna be here everyday... Give him a budget and get on with it. I'm sure he wouldn't stand for this in any of his other businesses...he would go out and find the best person to do the job. That's all I'm asking for, do right by the club or get the fuck out.
And I'm not saying write a check, I'm saying go out and get the right people....and then write a check!

Constantly selling your best players, even for healthy profits, and then not replacing them with players of the same quality probably has some impact.

Bent
Gyan
Henderson
Mig
Sess

The break up of Bruce's side was the start of the decline for me.

Then we could look at some of the loan players who've done well here but we've not signed.

Finally, changing managers once, or twice a season will not help at all.

You do have to wonder how much FFP and all of that malarky has played it's part here mind. I think Bruce made promises he couldn't keep. How much of it was his fault is debatable, but he went along with it and then started making comments about 'our station' and what not, and he couldn't get the best from the players.

It was a strange time for the club. We're a massive operation but I wonder if we ever really generate enough money. We don't win owt. We don't finish very high up the table. We rarely fill the ground, and we don't charge a great deal for tickets. We'll have probably done alright out of Wembley this season, but what of the other rounds? There was reason behind Quinny getting a bee in his bonnet over pubs showing home games. He was wanting to get bums on seats, yet silly buggers on here are twisting about us not forking out to replace the friggin' pink seats that look so terrible on the telly. Talk about getting your priorities right.

We've a wonderful set of fans, and we've stuck with it through thick and thin, but I'd like to know Quinn's honest answer if somebody asked him whether he ever felt a little let down by attendances. I'd have an answer or two for him if he did mind, but I would like to know.

As has been pointed out in other threads, our worst position in 19 years has been 3rd in the Championship and our best was 7th in the Premiership. Over that period, only eight teams have been more consistent. We aren't going to turn into Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or ManU. The other four teams are Spurs, Villa, Everton and the Mags. Villa have been in trouble for the past three seasons and the Mags have yo-yoed around. I'd love to see us playing at the level and consistency of Everton and Spurs and think that with some stability we ought to be able to get there with the current regime. The only club that has "passed" us is ManC and they got insane investment. Lots of other clubs have come up, finished higher than us for a season or two, and are now long gone unlikely to be seen again. But we're still there. If that's what "rotten to the core" gets you, then I'm fine with that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back