The opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluffy

Striker
why do they never get any credit? :lol: QPR were coming off the back of a 4 nil hammering with Rio being laughed at on MOTD. He was always going to play his heart out no matter how 'old' he is and has been a regular for Man U more recently than Wes and JOS.
Then people are still banging on about how we 'should have beat Man U cos MK Dons slaughtered them' etc - discounting it was their reserve team.
Things are generally looking up as far as I'm concerned. We look better than last season's start. We have glaringly obvious problems which hopefully will be sorted out in the next few days. If it's another relegation struggle so be it but I think it'll be mid table mediocraty myself which will be lovely.

why do they never get any credit? :lol: QPR were coming off the back of a 4 nil hammering with Rio being laughed at on MOTD. He was always going to play his heart out no matter how 'old' he is and has been a regular for Man U more recently than Wes and JOS.
Then people are still banging on about how we 'should have beat Man U cos MK Dons slaughtered them' etc - discounting it was their reserve team.
Things are generally looking up as far as I'm concerned. We look better than last season's start. We have glaringly obvious problems which hopefully will be sorted out in the next few days. If it's another relegation struggle so be it but I think it'll be mid table mediocraty myself which will be lovely.

QPR are shit no matter how you try and dress it up!!

Things are generally looking up as far as I'm concerned. We look better than last season's start.

Compared to this time last season we are in a far better place.

It's easy to be better than we were at the start of last season, that's not an achievement. This season we need to aspire to be consistently as good as we were during Poyet's better games in charge and at the moment we're not there.

It's easy to be better than we were at the start of last season, that's not an achievement. This season we need to aspire to be consistently as good as we were during Poyet's better games in charge and at the moment we're not there.

We lost to both Man U and WBA last season in the corresponding fixtures. This time we drew.

If we were as consistent as you suggest we'd be challenging for the title.

Progress for us this season will be us not sitting between 18th and 20th for 30+ of the 38 games and instead finishing around 12th-15th without the worry of relegation.

We lost to both Man U and WBA last season in the corresponding fixtures. This time we drew.

If we were as consistent as you suggest we'd be challenging for the title.

Progress for us this season will be us not sitting between 18th and 20th for 30+ of the 38 games and instead finishing around 12th-15th without the worry of relegation.

No we wouldn't, I'm not talking about 3 points at Chelsea and Old Trafford type performances every week losing today to a poor side isn't that acceptable imo.

If we play like we did against West Brom and QPR, we won't be in that comfortable 12-15th that you talk about.

We don't have a striker capable of scoring. Simple as that really.

The way it works on here, if we get a bigger crowd than the opposition we deserve to win

It doesnt matter what players they have

Mind they did take the piss out us

Thoughtful Cluffy. thanks. I hope that some recruitment and settling in the team will take us above half way.
But just like before ... No goals = few points. We have three in three league games.

This season we need to aspire to be consistently as good as we were during Poyet's better games in charge and at the moment we're not there.
We're not even close to that miraculous purple patch at the end of last season, but Gus was happy with our overall performance, in a defeat to Q.P. fecking R.

They wanted it more, deserved it for that reason. They pressed very well and were very reactive and sharp when we had them pinned in the box, we did neither

Good no of our players acted as though they shouldn't have to give it their all to beat QPR

how did QPR take the piss out of us - watched the second half and they had a lot less of the ball, we looked a bit toothles but they looked lost bar hanging on desperately for the points, kiciking people and time wasting

QPR played reasonably well and reverted to a back four to make them more solid. The infuriating thing about this games is that despite our half decent start to the season, looking at this fixture you just knew deep down what the outcome would be.
It's almost like we lack the belief that we are an established premier league club who should go to a newly promoted side, ride out the inevitable early storm and then pick them off with superior football.
It's seems to be written into our DNA as a club that we lose games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back