The Niall Quinn appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A legend in the true sense of the word

Wonder how many Sunlun fans will order Sir Niall Quinns broadband when it comes to England

I don't have children but I can't wait to tell my grandchildren about you Niall.

You are the stuff of legend, wether you like it or not!

Never liked the fella, even before he got involved with you lot....

That said, what a job he has done at Sunderland, can't put a cost on what he has brought in and achieved in such a short space of time, and now he looks to have left with Sunderland at a high point, with things looking very positive.

Let's just hope that now he has gone, things start to go back to the natural way and you lot turn shite again ;)

I was right in line with the penalty spot at Wembley when Micky Gray missed the penalty. First over to look after him was Quinny.

I met Quinny in Newcastle Airport during Keanes first season. He was genuinely pleased when I told him that I thought we were heading in the right direction.

As big a Sunderland man as you can get and an absolute gentleman.

Niall, thanks for everything you have done for this Club and this City. It feels like we have lost a family member and leaves a huge void for all of us. Hope everything goes well for you but please try and get back to see the lads. It wont be the same looking up at the directors box without you being there.

Niall, thanks for everything you have done for this Club and this City. It feels like we have lost a family member and leaves a huge void for all of us. Hope everything goes well for you but please try and get back to see the lads. It wont be the same looking up at the directors box without you being there.

Would like to extend my appreciation for this bloke... top fella, I suppose he has helped my local area by making a good impression at the local healthclub.

Saved us from oblivion and got us back into the spotlight where we belong! :cool:

Don't forget, you can sign our petition to have the South stand named after Sir Niall here. It takes no longer than 30 seconds to do and will go towards our pledge to gain the man recognition.

Over 6000 of you have signed - unbelievable effort.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sunderland-afc-name-the-new-south-stand-the-niall-quinn-stand

Me dad who is nearly 75 found about the petition when he was out for a pint last night, it speaks volumes that he has asked me to send him the link because he is a bloke that definitely doesn't do sentiment in football :lol:

Me dad who is nearly 75 found about the petition when he was out for a pint last night, it speaks volumes that he has asked me to send him the link because he is a bloke that definitely doesn't do sentiment in football :lol:

Great to hear!

Thank you for saving SAFC and making us be able to dream again

The biggest legend in the club history

as paul weller sang niall
your the best thing that ever happened
massive heartfelt thanks big man you saved my/our club
all the best for whatever you decide to do in the future mate.

Niall - You might have learnt your trade at Arsenal, played a bit footy at Manchester City, but at Sunderland, not only did it get under your skin, you got under ours too. You'll always have a special place in our hearts and we'll never forget what you've done. A Sunderland living legend.

Niall - You might have learnt your trade at Arsenal, played a bit footy at Manchester City, but at Sunderland, not only did it get under your skin, you got under ours too. You'll always have a special place in our hearts and we'll never forget what you've done. A Sunderland living legend.

this

Took one helluva bloke to stand up and be counted when the club was on it's knees. He's Irish and only connection to the club was having spent 6 years as part of a fantastic strike partnership and yet he had the balls to risk that reputation by putting in the effort to build something special. He had no business sense... so he engaged the help of top class businessmen. He wasn't exactly a manager and he didn't possess the attributes to motivate and build a squad.. so he employed Roy Keane and off we went on a fantastic adventure with everything in place! :)

We won't ever be able to repay the big man. What he's done is beyond a simple "thank you". He can now rest assured that he'll forever be a legend at this club. There is nothing he can do, from a far, that'll ruin his reputation.

Niall Quinn: Mission accomplished. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back