The famous NME and their taking of the Fulwell

• Thread starter Andy Reids Love Chil
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the clockstand paddock one season and about 30-40 of them were down the front. As soon as it started filling the familiar chant of United went up followed by the usual climbing out onto the pitch. It wasn't like jumping the Fulwell though and Sunderland were on them like a pack of hounds battering the ones left in and dragging the climbers back in. They got it seriously wrong that day. One fat twat was in the middle of a tug of war and got absolutely smashed all over :lol::lol:

I was in the fulwell looking on, thats the day I thought the bullshit artist was on about. Was only a kid but can remember some of them getting dragged back over the hoardings and kicked to fuck

That day was fuck all compared to circa 68/ 69 when the scum did get real numbers into the Fulwell a pitched battle took place with housebricks bottles and anything else that could be thrown, how do I know this ? I bear the scar from one of the said housebricks. I have reason to hate the scummy unwashed black and white kernts and believe me I do.:mad:

DublinMackem said:
I don't know why grown adults talk about fighting with anything other than utter embarrassment.

Just thinking the same. They talk about it as if it was the Somme. Hilarious old fuckers, must have had otherwise unfulfilling lives.

That day was fuck all compared to circa 68/ 69 when the scum did get real numbers into the Fulwell a pitched battle took place with housebricks bottles and anything else that could be thrown, how do I know this ? I bear the scar from one of the said housebricks. I have reason to hate the scummy unwashed black and white kernts and believe me I do.:mad:
I was there that day, I witnessed darts, coin, bricks/stones and steel balls from ballbearings thrown.

Incredibly brave stuff from a wonderful set of fans (not)

It's like me running into a Post Office, twatting a female employee, running back out and claiming I took over the Royal Mail.

I was at that game and can't remember owt like that in the Fulwell,i was in the mainstand paddock towards the roker end,it was always full of lads in there,when we got in the ground we noticed a group of lads no one knew,they were mags and it was no bother,we were talking to them,if they'd been arseholes they would have got a kicking but nowt happened,there was the usual scuffles in and around the ground but nowt major,the main thing i remember was the mags chanting ''Sunderland Sunderland show us your cup'',which i thought was canny funny like,deffo a mag gobshite posted the story like.

Pure fiction, this story.
Logon or register to see this image

I was in the clockstand paddock when they came past, they were bricking it!!! The look on some of their faces. They had the chance in the play-off S/F in 1990 when they invaded the pitch!!! Embarrassing, never made it past the half-way line. Just like the team that night.

It was Good Friday 1970 - absolute carnage that day, with blood and guts all over (I remember feeling physically sick on seeing blood on the casualties being brought from the Fulwell to the Roker End, where they were treated by the St John's ambulance volunteers).

I'l never forget the front page of the Echo the next day, which showed a photograph of loads of weapons placed on a table which were found that day, including huge knives and hatchets.

It was Good Friday 1970 - absolute carnage that day, with blood and guts all over (I remember feeling physically sick on seeing blood on the casualties being brought from the Fulwell to the Roker End, where they were treated by the St John's ambulance volunteers).

I'l never forget the front page of the Echo the next day, which showed a photograph of loads of weapons placed on a table which were found that day, including huge knives and hatchets.

Aye that's right - and a washtub dolly, scissors tied open, a bottle of linseed oil (aye seriously) studded straps, all that - all from a sack thrown over the wall by Sunln skinheads but intercepted by plod.

I remember that photo ............

So what is it that's accurate?

Without reading it all, they did come in, they did make themselves known...however the tales of violence are made up, very little occurred.
He also got the main stand and clockstand mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back