The European Football Thread 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best player on the planet playing in the best team in the world, could get 50+ league goals this year. They are mint to watch

Another hat-trick. The man is untouchable. 50 in the league is the record. If Ronaldo carries on at the current rate, he'll score 64. Just needs to keep this phenomenal form up.

Not sure if Mazzarri was made to look so much better than he actually is by Cavani and Lavezzi at Napoli, whether Inter are a complete shambles of a club at the minute or a combination of those 2 factors.

Totti ain't happy.

Logon or register to see this image
38 year old Roma legend Francesco Totti was on the losing side in tonight’s thrilling 3-2 defeat to Juventus.

The referee put in a questionable performance, with all three of the Juventus goals undeniably controversial.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the game, Roma’s Francesco Totti had some strong words on the result.

He said, “It’s a huge shame after a good performance,”

“We came to Turin to play our game, but you saw what happened and that affected the match.

“For years the same old incidents keep happening. I don’t know if we were beaten by referees, but we certainly were not beaten by Juventus tonight.

“Yes, we are angry, but also aware we are a great team and must lift our heads straight away.

“This was a match we really cared about, but Juventus ought to have their own League, as by hook or by crook they always win.

“Are we back to the same doubts? I am not the only one saying this, as these are things everyone in Italy should discuss.

“With Juventus when there is any doubt whatsoever, it’s always a penalty. I have to stop now, as if I keep talking then I’ll get suspended.”

Totti ain't happy.

38 year old Roma legend Francesco Totti was on the losing side in tonight’s thrilling 3-2 defeat to Juventus.

The referee put in a questionable performance, with all three of the Juventus goals undeniably controversial.

Speaking to Sky Italia after the game, Roma’s Francesco Totti had some strong words on the result.

“We came to Turin to play our game, but you saw what happened and that affected the match.

“For years the same old incidents keep happening. I don’t know if we were beaten by referees, but we certainly were not beaten by Juventus tonight.

“Yes, we are angry, but also aware we are a great team and must lift our heads straight away.

“This was a match we really cared about, but Juventus ought to have their own League, as by hook or by crook they always win.

“Are we back to the same doubts? I am not the only one saying this, as these are things everyone in Italy should discuss.

“With Juventus when there is any doubt whatsoever, it’s always a penalty. I have to stop now, as if I keep talking then I’ll get suspended.”

Quite harsh words from Totti. There's bad blood between everyone and Juventus when it comes to dodgy decisions in Italy but I think Roma is one of the more famous ones. A dodgy disallowed goal by Roma against Juventus cost them the 1981 League Titlea iirc and it's never been forgotten by Roma.

2 dodgy penalties and an offside goal. A great goal from Bonucci but it was offside.

Garcia: "last night's game really hurt Italian football."

Seems most of the media, as far as I can see, are backing Roma in this too.

Photos have emerged of Vidal getting thrown out of a nightclub at 5.20 on Friday morning, and he then turned up late to training that day. Absolute stupidity to be carrying on like that on the eve of possibly your clubs biggest game of the season.
2 dodgy penalties and an offside goal. A great goal from Bonucci but it was offside.

Garcia: "last night's game really hurt Italian football."

Seems most of the media, as far as I can see, are backing Roma in this too.

There have been calls in Italian Parliament for there to be an investigation into the match as well, you can't help but fear the worst when Juventus are involved due to their long history of corruption. Some of the decisions that have gone in their favour in big games in the last few seasons have been outrageous.

This weekend's European Football TV schedule:

Friday 17th October

7:30pm - Lens vs Paris Saint-Germain - ESPN
7:55pm - Granada vs Rayo Vallecano - Sky Sports 5

Saturday 18th October

5:15pm - Roma vs Chievo - BT Sport 2
5:30pm - Schalke vs Hertha Berlin - BT Sport 1
7:00pm - Barcelona vs Eibar - Sky Sports 5
7:30pm - Sassuolo vs Juventus - BT Sport 1
7:35pm - FC Twente vs Ajax - Sky Sports 2
9:00pm - Cordoba vs Malaga - Sky Sports 5

Sunday 19th October

10:55am - Atletico Madrid vs Espanyol - Sky Sports 5
11:30am - Fiorentina vs Lazio - BT Sport 1
2:00pm - Hellas Verona vs AC Milan - BT Sport 1
2:30pm - Hamburg vs Hoffenheim - BT Sport 2
3:55pm - Deportivo La Coruna vs Valencia - Sky Sports 5
4:00pm - Bordeaux vs Caen - ESPN
4:30pm - Paderborn vs Eintracht Frankfurt - BT Sport 1
6:00pm - Elche vs Sevilla - Sky Sports 5
7:45pm - Inter Milan vs Napoli - BT Sport 1
8:00pm - Lyon vs Montpellier - BT Sport 2

Monday 20th October

7:45pm - Genoa vs Empoli - BT Sport 1
7:45pm - Real Sociedad vs Getafe - Sky Sports 5

This weekend's European Football TV schedule:

Friday 17th October

7:30pm - Lens vs Paris Saint-Germain - ESPN
7:55pm - Granada vs Rayo Vallecano - Sky Sports 5

Saturday 18th October

5:15pm - Roma vs Chievo - BT Sport 2
5:30pm - Schalke vs Hertha Berlin - BT Sport 1
7:00pm - Barcelona vs Eibar - Sky Sports 5
7:30pm - Sassuolo vs Juventus - BT Sport 1
7:35pm - FC Twente vs Ajax - Sky Sports 2
9:00pm - Cordoba vs Malaga - Sky Sports 5

Sunday 19th October

10:55am - Atletico Madrid vs Espanyol - Sky Sports 5
11:30am - Fiorentina vs Lazio - BT Sport 1
2:00pm - Hellas Verona vs AC Milan - BT Sport 1
2:30pm - Hamburg vs Hoffenheim - BT Sport 2
3:55pm - Deportivo La Coruna vs Valencia - Sky Sports 5
4:00pm - Bordeaux vs Caen - ESPN
4:30pm - Paderborn vs Eintracht Frankfurt - BT Sport 1
6:00pm - Elche vs Sevilla - Sky Sports 5
7:45pm - Inter Milan vs Napoli - BT Sport 1
8:00pm - Lyon vs Montpellier - BT Sport 2

Monday 20th October

7:45pm - Genoa vs Empoli - BT Sport 1
7:45pm - Real Sociedad vs Getafe - Sky Sports 5

Far bigger game than any of them listed at the weekend which isn't on English TV

Dortmund lose again, 5th time in their 8 league games. 1 point from 15. Whereas @Mainze go from strength to strength, still unbeaten :cool:

Juve are 10 mins away from fuckin up many an accumulator - currently 1-1 with Sassuolo

Only 38???:eek:

Totti ain't happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back