The end for sky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bubble is going to burst very soon....Oh no, sorry, people have been saying that every year since 1995.

There wouldn't be any renegotiation in that scenario, they'd go bust. Not going to happen yet, but for sure the new deal puts them under financial pressure

People are lazy though, like with bank accounts they can't be arsed to cancel the sky contract

Cancelled mine, got a basic package with talk talk, its saving me around £50 a month, so £600 a year

Nah, mostly apart from the big games (which we are and never will be part of ) the streams are f***ing shite.

Mine is always great

Would love to see an official stream for SAFC matches. Reckon I'd pay a decent amount for an away live streaming subscription.

But sky's golden egg is the footy though marra least premier league & spanish along with euro champions league

Yeah fair enough mate,of course you are right,can only speak for myself but I like all sports and think the coverage they get from Sky is brilliant.

Of course if they lost football they would have to reduce the prices but don't think it would be the end for Sky.

Yeah fair enough mate,of course you are right,can only speak for myself but I like all sports and think the coverage they get from Sky is brilliant.

Of course if they lost football they would have to reduce the prices but don't think it would be the end for Sky.
Agree with you bout their overall coverage is spot on mind ( ps you forgot there formula 1 coverage )

BT are the stalking horse here, Sky have paid a phenomenal amount (compared to BT) and committed to showing bilge for the most part.

I doubt BT will be that fussed if somebody else comes in with a huge offer next time around to knock Sky out as ultimately, it removes a competitor and whoever bought the rights would need to use the BT infrastructure.

Sky had to bid big though, Warrington v Hull Kingston Rovers or England v West Indies would not keep the fire burning, neither will endless episodes of American drama shows no matter how good they might be.

You get the occasional cock up on Sky, minus Kammy. When they do they have a laugh about it.

BT have constant clock up, every time I watch them something goes wrong, add to that a far worse pundit and commentary teams.

Still remember last time were on and Rodwell scored a header, no question about who it was, BT managed to message up say it was Oshea.

There wouldn't be any renegotiation in that scenario, they'd go bust. Not going to happen yet, but for sure the new deal puts them under financial pressure

People are lazy though, like with bank accounts they can't be arsed to cancel the sky contract
You're not wrong there, I rang up to cancel but ended up agreeing to a new twelve month contract, I was happy....ish and assume Sky were, I will break the chain one day.

All this talk about Sky ripping subscribers off but since the Prem were forced to split up the packages Football fans are having to fork out for two subscriptions.

BT are only forcing the price up.

For me its down to the lack of choice. Sky or BT only show a select few matches, whereas xbmc NBC sports I can watch any of the prem matches with a vpn. The UK gets massively short changed on English premier league matches in terms of cost and content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back