The company that "invented" PCs reckons....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point people seem to miss is that both machines are easy enough to use if you are computer literate. But the lack things to mess about with on macs makes them much easier if you have techno fear.
My thought reading the article was that the people getting macs first would be more likely to tech literate?

Interesting. I find them more difficult to use. They have nailed the mobile os but I prefer windows for a desktop.
It's not that they're difficult its just things are simplified and in different places,they don't have so many settings and as an experienced Windows user I constantly try and fiddle with windows.

Certainly for business use they can be,purely on the amount you'd spend on security. No one should pretend the parts inside a Mac are somehow different because they aren't

It's mad like, some of them are into high end gaming, which obviously I know Macs are shit for, but still spending a few grand on a alien ware laptop every couple years? Fuck that.
Depends how much you like it. I spent a grand on a laptop 3 years ago and am looking around for an upgrade now. I thought I'd get 4 years out of it TBH.

It's mad like, some of them are into high end gaming, which obviously I know Macs are shit for, but still spending a few grand on a alien ware laptop every couple years? Fuck that.

I don't have an Alienware laptop but it's worth pointing out that if you buy one literally every couple of years then the 2 year old one still has a considerable resale value which you set against the cost of the new one.

Got a Mac book pro about 8 years ago or something and it's still spot on, whilst most the lads i work with are buying new windows laptops every other year. Fully converted to Android phones though.
This. Except I'm the sucker with the laptop every other year while my mate has had the same Mac book for years

Apple will never win the business war as there software is shit.

As soon as as Apple are threatening Microsoft all they have to do is stop making office for ios. There quite happy for businesses to use macs but pay microsoft for licenses :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back