That 11th spot in tomorrows starting XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

meeowdam

Midfield
IMO, there is one place in tomorrows game that isn't yet filled on the team sheet.

Who, in your opinion should get it?

Fletcher - not for me, drop him to the bench and play Wickham in the middle.

Buckley - very good debut, but with Johnson & Giaccherini back, on the bench too I reckon.

Gomez - good goal on Tuesday, but bench again for me.

Johnson - automatic starter.

Giaccherini - would be my choice, worth a go as the left side attacker, in the 'Borini/Kalou' role. (Wishful thinking)

Giacc for an hour, then Buckley to run at tired legs.

I'd stick Jozy in for Fletcher. Jozy at least tries, and he looks like he's got a lot more confidence, he just needs to stay composed in front of goal.

Or maybe's just Wickham as lone front man?

Giaccherini has proved time and again he is too weak and slow to play out wide.

I think the management have finally realised this; it's time the fans did too.
But we will play wickham out there ok he's stronger but not quicker

Fletcher is gonna turn into the jozy of last year,poyet will stick with him,even if he is shite,hopefully him and graham are off deadline day,my opinion or hope anyway

If not wickham up on his own drop fletcher n replace with jozy

I think he'll play the side that started against Man Utd with the exception of AJ starting ahead of Buckley.
Buckley, Giaccherini and Jozy to come off the bench barring injuries

Vito

Vergini - Brown - O'Shea - PVA

Catts
Larsson - Rodwell

Buckley ----------------------Johnson

Wickham
IMO etc.

This for me as well although I reckon Buckley and Johnson both prefer to play on the right. Hope Giac kicks on this season I think he could be a shout for the left or an attacking midfielder role.

Vito
Jones - Vergini - O'Shea - PVA
Catts
Larsson - Rodwell
Johnson-------------------Buckley
Wickham​

Only reason I'd leave Brown out is to give him a rest - its a long season and he played midweek

Giaccherini has proved time and again he is too weak and slow to play out wide.

I think the management have finally realised this; it's time the fans did too.
Its a shame like, but ultimately this is true. He cant beat a man with pace or strength and he has been found out defensively when playing out wide as well. He seems to produce his best for us when he comes off the bench later on in games as more space appears.

Its a shame like, but ultimately this is true. He cant beat a man with pace or strength and he has been found out defensively when playing out wide as well. He seems to produce his best for us when he comes off the bench later on in games as more space appears.
This is it.

More centrally and later in games is his best use.

It's a good option to have; we can keep it tight for an hour or so and then bring on players to make things happen a bit more - Gomez and Giaccherini have show they can unlock the door for us later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back