Telegraph- 20 fiercest rivalries in English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regarding Cardiff vs. Swansea, what's the crack here like,

"but not the seething menace, a swirl of political and cultural and social grievances"??

For me, forgetting our northeast bias, I'd say that Welsh rivalry is pretty tasty but i'd cross the bridge and go and watch the Bristol derby for pure venom albeit without the huge numbers but plenty of bother.

For me, forgetting our northeast bias, I'd say that Welsh rivalry is pretty tasty but i'd cross the bridge and go and watch the Bristol derby for pure venom albeit without the huge numbers but plenty of bother.
Nasty place to go for football back in the 70's and 80's. Remember losing heavily at Ashton Gate in the mid 70's and a lot of our lads getting a f***ing hiding. Bristol Rovers circa 1978 was interesting. Went twice to the old ground and after one of the games there was a pitched battle on the wasteground outside Eastville with lead pipes, bottles etc. Scary place, scary stuff.

Nasty place to go for football back in the 70's and 80's. Remember losing heavily at Ashton Gate in the mid 70's and a lot of our lads getting a f***ing hiding. Bristol Rovers circa 1978 was interesting. Went twice to the old ground and after one of the games there was a pitched battle on the wasteground outside Eastville with lead pipes, bottles etc. Scary place, scary stuff.
Agreed marra. They reckon it is still one of the few places where fans will pile onto the pitch for a ruck - none of this mouthing off and hiding. On another note, apparently Eastville or the site of the former Eastville is now an Ikea or so I just recently heard. Seem to recall when I went to Tweton Park when they played at Bath (88ish ) it might have been a supermarket then. Ashton Gate was also the away venue I discovered scrumpy!! - still taste it now i think:eek:

Cambridge United v Cambridge City should be in there i remember back in 79 massive trouble amongst the 257 attendance - I think the Chateau Lafite was a little corked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back