sunderland cycling jersey

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the flying graysons

As some of you know I am suffering from cancer at the minute and as part of my fight am doing a 200 km charity ride in November with my kids. I had not been on a bike in years so it is a bit of a challenge but having a tough goal really helps me focus my mind. I was thinking it would be really great to do the ride in the lads colors but can't really afford the extra drag of just doing it in strip. Does anyone know if there is any where we can get some proper cycling jerseys in SAFC colors in the uk?

Your best bet is to design your own, a quick google search will bring up load of websites that do it. Don't know about the cost though but imagine you could get red and white stripes.
I recently done a London to Paris ride and wore one of our old umbro shirts (the one with the black trim kenwynne jones era) which were pretty tight compared to the adidas stuff get them cheap on eBay. Good luck with your ride and your fight.

Cheers I had already flicked a couple of queries to some bespoke manufactures in Australia. Just thought there may be an official one in the uk.

There's normally an advert on these pages that crops up for designing your own rugby club shirts, them tight lycra ones the pros wear not the heavy traditional sort.
Might be worth seeing if they do owt.

As some of you know I am suffering from cancer at the minute and as part of my fight am doing a 200 km charity ride in November with my kids. I had not been on a bike in years so it is a bit of a challenge but having a tough goal really helps me focus my mind. I was thinking it would be really great to do the ride in the lads colors but can't really afford the extra drag of just doing it in strip. Does anyone know if there is any where we can get some proper cycling jerseys in SAFC colors in the uk?
Sorry to hear about the cancer, mate.

I know designing your own can be a bit pricey and the cost only tends to come down when there's a bulk order. Our club kit is made by Endura, (http://www.endurasport.com/custom/) perhaps you could get a quote if there's a few of you doing the ride, and maybes flog a few jerseys to people who I'm sure will be happy to buy if the proceeds are going to a good cause. Would be something different to just chasing people down purely for donations too. :lol: Good luck.

I am not a cyclist anymore and even when I was (about 25 years ago), I would trundle about at less than 15mph. Does it make that much difference wearing a pucker top or can you not just wear a cheap home strip?

Best of luck on both fronts mate.

Where is your ride from and to?

Good stuff mate. I hope you kick cancers arse. Do you have a just giving page?

Just get a Sunderland top. A skin tight version will have little effect at the speed you'll be going.

Good luck with the ride and the treatment mate.

Try scimitar sports clothing. They do loads of sports stuff for charities and may be able to help you.

All the best too

Sorry to hear about the cancer, mate.

I know designing your own can be a bit pricey and the cost only tends to come down when there's a bulk order. Our club kit is made by Endura, (http://www.endurasport.com/custom/) perhaps you could get a quote if there's a few of you doing the ride, and maybes flog a few jerseys to people who I'm sure will be happy to buy if the proceeds are going to a good cause. Would be something different to just chasing people down purely for donations too. :lol: Good luck.

endura make cracking gear...

i'd buy one @the flying graysons by the way... and the best of luck.

had no idea matey, big respect and hope you complete your challenge and win the bigger fight too,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back