Sunderland AFC 6 v 1 WBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Boy Harry

Striker
Anyone remember this game?

76/77 season, we were absolutely hopeless, beat Middlesbrough at home, beat WBA next home game midweek (? - from memory) and that was it, we were on our way and nearly survived.

Was stood in the childrens enclosure of the RE for this game with my sister.

Cracking night.

The next saturday we hammered West Ham 6 v 0 with Mel Holden playing well from memory.

76/77 season, we were absolutely hopeless, beat Middlesbrough at home, beat WBA next home game midweek (? - from memory) and that was it, we were on our way and nearly survived.

Cracking night.

The next saturday we hammered West Ham 6 v 0 with Mel Holden playing well from memory.

& still got relegated

Aye was there . Great run and still remember the headline in the mirror newspaper 7th heaven . Wish I still had the same passion about football now .

All started with a 1 nil against Bristol City iirc after not scoring in 14 games !

Aye was there . Great run and still remember the headline in the mirror newspaper 7th heaven . Wish I still had the same passion about football now .

All started with a 1 nil against Bristol City iirc after not scoring in 14 games !

Was it not a 4-0 win? I seem to remember singing 'Bye, Bye Bristol' to the Bay City Rollers tune :oops:

Cracking night.

The Roker End had a children's enclosure?

I did not know this

Jimmy bastard hill :evil:
The worst thing about the controversy of that last match between the bastards and the bastards with the bastard chairman you referred to is that everyone forgets it was probably one of the best runs of form we ever had in the top flight for decades before and decades since, the SKP/Quinn seasons apart. What I wouldn't give to see another Shaun Elliot at centre half.

Cracking night.

My first games. Im sure we hammered Sheff U shortly after that too.

Cracking night.

4 0 ,,2 0 ,,6 0 ,,6 1 ,,maybe not in that order but i seen all happy days and real fans not like some today ,,,,a real fan goes to win even against the odds i do why go otherwise ,,,,

Na that was boro
Maybe the Bristol City result was a different season. I certainly remember the 6-1 against West Brom, and also the 6-0 against West Ham. Boro were marmalised with the introduction of Shaun Elliott and Kevin Arnott, but I think the start of that run started with a 0-0 on a Friday night, can't remember who with though..

Maybe the Bristol City result was a different season. I certainly remember the 6-1 against West Brom, and also the 6-0 against West Ham. Boro were marmalised with the introduction of Shaun Elliott and Kevin Arnott, but I think the start of that run started with a 0-0 on a Friday night, can't remember who with though..
That was the 1 0 v city on the Friday then boro wba then whu all at home

Yes, behind the goal had a fence around it for bairns to go in out of the way. Stretched maybe a quarter of the way along the front? Invaded by Spurs fans when they got chased onto the pitch circa 1978 and on MOTD.
Interesting. When did that end. I started going in 1985, can't recall it.

http://www.thestatcat.co.uk/Season.aspx?SeasonID=98

Beat Bristol City at home on the friday night.

Yes, behind the goal had a fence around it for bairns to go in out of the way. Stretched maybe a quarter of the way along the front? Invaded by Spurs fans when they got chased onto the pitch circa 1978 and on MOTD.

Sweet Jesus, I can remember that as clear as day right now (I was in The Fullwell just below The Cage). Dazed and confused cockernies all over the shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back