Stranger Things

Excellent series so far.

Started watching the first episode the other night when I was knackered and not paying much attention and thought 'meh'.

Decided to give it a proper chance yesterday and it really is good. Very easy to get into as well - not one of these with a stupidly complicated plot.

Just finished this tonight, really enjoyed it, would recommend to anyone who likes horror, 80s nostalgia or kids in mild peril.

just watched the 2nd episode. Am not keen in monsters, I think they always look shite or I could just be telling myself that cause am scared of them really.

Just watched this. It's good, but it's not as great as it was made out to be. Loved the 80s feel but, like a lot of Stephen King novels (of which they stole a lot of stuff from), the final chapters don't really live up to that initial intrigue. Whilst I appreciated the music, titles, and setting of the 80s, didn't really feel like the special effects belonged to that era too, they were either a nod to it, or just plain bad. Winona Ryder was also annoying. Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) is a great actress though. She'll be winning an oscar in the next ten years for sure.

Last edited:
Just watched this. It's good, but it's not as great as it was made out to be. Loved the 80s feel but, like a lot of Stephen King novels (of which they stole a lot of stuff from), the final chapters don't really live up to that initial intrigue. Whilst I appreciated the music, titles, and setting of the 80s, didn't really feel like the special effects belonged to that era too, they were either a nod to it, or just plain bad. Winona Ryder was also annoying. Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) is a great actress though. She'll be winning an oscar in the next ten years for sure.
Agree with most of that. Glad someone else found Winona irritating too! I usually avoid a lot of children led programmes and films but the kids were very good.

Watched it all over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Thought the kids were fantastic in it, Winona not so much.

Surely there's going to be a second series after how it ended?

I'm 3 episodes in now, planning on doing the rest in tonight. Great show, and nice to hear the Clash being used as a plot device.

Loved it, and I think there is going to be another as its been left open at the end

Just started watching it tonight. Was only going to watch 2 episodes max. Just had my arm twisted of the wife to watch a fourth. Very good show and the kid who plays 11 is an amazing little actor. Going to be a top actor her.

Back