Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

I only caught the last quarter as was at work. Didn't even know Sting was booked for the entertainment. I had a vague recollection of seeing someone on tv a few years ago say he was a Sunderland fan when he was younger though, despite being from Wallsend and all. Just did a google search and found this:
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=cLfhooLOKMEC&pg=PA103&lpg=PA103&dq=sting+sunderland+fan&source=bl&ots=q2XZz_oDcJ&sig=ykBBldFRvBy6uLYfdqkXsytgyko&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1vd3CqbnPAhXHFpQKHeDUAZIQ6AEIHDAB#v=onepage&q=sting sunderland fan&f=false
Deffo used to watch the lads, lass I know was mates with him and he stood in the Roker End with her.

Sting is here in Oz to play at today's AFL Grand Final. He was asked by an interviewer for his tip on who will win and he said "my team in Englanf hasn't won a championship since 1969, so I'll got for the underdogs", and I thought try 1926 you Mag bastard! Although they did win the Texaco Cup in 1974!
Is that the bloke that tries to sing like Jamaican.

He's got some great uplifting songs Police were as great band.
Aye, " Hope my legs don't break"

Surely he meant this, a mere 40 years later!
Hughton led Newcastle to win the 2009–10 Football League Championship.
Incidentally, it's always great crack to ask Mags about their '69 win; where the final was and what was the score. Also where they finished in the League the previous season (12th iirc) The Intercity Fairs Cup was an invitation/exhibition trophy, so the teams in it qualified by having a Trade Fair in their town the previous year. The quality of opposition was dire.

Did he go to the match with her or just stand next to her.
Met her and her mates there, he came down from Tynemouth with his mates every home game apparently.

Loves tantric football IIRC.
That's why he supports the lads, long dull drawn out shite that 's f***ing boring after a while, no wham bam thank you mam with us !

Last edited:
Met her and her mates there, he came down from Tynemouth with his mates every home game apparently.

That's why he supports the lads, long dull drawn out shite that 's f***ing boring after a while, no wham bam thank you mam with us !
He used to get the bus every other week from Wallsend with his mate Pete. Pete was Sunderland daft, Sting I'm not so sure.

Surely he meant this, a mere 40 years later!
Hughton led Newcastle to win the 2009–10 Football League Championship.
Incidentally, it's always great crack to ask Mags about their '69 win; where the final was and what was the score. Also where they finished in the League the previous season (12th iirc) The Intercity Fairs Cup was an invitation/exhibition trophy, so the teams in it qualified by having a Trade Fair in their town the previous year. The quality of opposition was dire.

Feyernoord, Oporto, Sporting Lisbon.......

(Keep it up lads, you'll convince yourselves eventually....:lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back