Steven Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be sad when he finally retires he's been a great servant of english football will be a sad day
He has been the best of a pretty mediocre bunch of players in reality. Didnt have the balls to go abroad and play for someone decent.

Yet one more scouser making that God awFul din they manage when he becomes yet another ex Dipper pundit on the tele. You aren't shot of him yet

A great player at his peak but a complete passenger these days, all opposing teams need to do is to put him under pressure as soon as he gets the ball and he becomes a non-entity in the game. Suspect that Liverpool would be a better team without him at the minute but could fully imagine him doing a Shearer and go crying to the boardroom and his mates in the press undermining the manager if he ever got dropped.

as much as he was great in his day, im afraid he is finished now, cant keep up, cant close down properly, dropping deeper than the centre backs and letting them go forward with the ball on some occasions

just getting into the team on his name alone now,
I agree. He'll still have an impact at times but his all round play has dramatically dropped.

Been a great player but playing in that deeper role now, can't be blamed for Liverpools' woes though,shouldn't have sold Suarez.

It still winds me up that he beat that bloke up in a club a few year back, went to a Liverpool court and ended up getting away with it. Nothing more is said by the media yet they'll always look for an excuse to dig up the past of e.g. Ashley Cole, Joey Barton to sell a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back