Starting 11 v QPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop Fletcher, after that everything will hopefully drop into place

This. I like him as a player actually and he's definitely got talent, I just think after all his injuries and what not at our place he's stagnated. Needs a change both for us and himself.

This. I like him as a player actually and he's definitely got talent, I just think after all his injuries and what not at our place he's stagnated. Needs a change both for us and himself.
Completely agree, I rarely have a go at our players but Fletcher needs a move for everyone's benefit.

I think fletcher is the most clinical striker we have on the books but he is not suited to the lone striker system we are playing, to get the best out of Fletcher we would have to not just change tactics but restructure the side and that's not going to happen

Mannone
Vergini - O'Shea - Brown - van Aanholt
Cattermole
Larsson-----------Rodwell
Buckley---------------------------Johnson
Wickham
Subs: Pantilimon, Jones, Bridcutt, Gomez, Giaccherini, Altidore, Fletcher.

I knew that was coming :lol:

you're also playing buckley twice with that change :lol::lol:

johnson in for fletcher i think you meant, and i'd agree.

mannone

vergini o'shea brown van aa

larsson cattermole rodwell

johnson wickham buckley
gives us some options off the bench anarl, with gomez, giaccherini, fletcher, altidore

Mannone

Vergini
O'Shea
Brown
PVA

Catts
Larrson
Rodwell

Buckley
Johnson
Wickham

Yep I'd go with this as well, Fletcher has had a poor start to the season I'm beginning to think it isn't about application it's just that he isn't up to playing at this level. Wickham has looked very impressive and generally makes the ball stick when it has been played up to him therefore if we are going 1 up top it has to be him.

If Gus wants to stick with Wickham wide left then I'd go with Altidore down the middle as opposed to Fletcher.

Having seen all our 3 games live I find in incredulous that anyone would not want to star with Larson, which u seem to be advocating

Far from it. What I'm saying is that apart from the great escape, not many on here can say they were keen for Larssons contract to be renewed. He has certainly reinvented himself, and found his form again with set pieces. The thread was about Gus's options.

For me there are 3 options. All 3 include Rodwell and cattermole, the others are of course larsson, Gomez, and giac in the playmaker role. I agree that Larsson has played well, I think he will start Sunday. But his place certainly isn't guaranteed, for me it's the one spot in central midfield that isn't.

you're also playing buckley twice with that change :lol::lol:

johnson in for fletcher i think you meant, and i'd agree.

mannone

vergini o'shea brown van aa

larsson cattermole rodwell

johnson wickham buckley
gives us some options off the bench anarl, with gomez, giaccherini, fletcher, altidore
:lol::lol:

Basically I had a mare like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back