Sort me out laaaaaaaads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to an extent.
The thing is to gain muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus.
And to lose fat you need to be in a calorie deficit.
So as you can see you can't do both.

HOWEVER like Titus said if your new to training then it is possible but I don't know how long it lasts because I only started using weights 15 month ago, never had no muscle whatsoever, BUT I still dropped 3 stone last year and still have about 2 stone to go and have gained some good muscle on my back and also have a biceps and a bit of triceps now.

Well done mate.

So how often should i be weight training, and then for cardio im assuming i should be HIIT training? How can i do this in the gym?

How long before you start to see results?

You don't necessarily need a big surplus of calories. If your eating just above bmr, but you say gain 3 pounds of muscle when you starting lifting weights then your body fat % will have gone even if you have the same amount of fat.

If you want to slim down by the summer and see some abs, you're really best off not doing a "bulk" but eating at maintenance and going to the gym 4/5 times a week to do strength training, cardio not included.

Again, track your waist measurement, its better than scales!

Well done mate.

So how often should i be weight training, and then for cardio im assuming i should be HIIT training? How can i do this in the gym?

How long before you start to see results?

i weight train 3 times a week mate, just gone back to a push pull legs routine, this is what i was doing to lose my weight, very simple but very effective.

HITT is probably the most effective cardio mate but i didnt do it, some days i would just go balls out and some days i would just keep my HR between 130 and 140, this worked for me, ganna post pics up in my journal in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back